• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

XR screen display

muddman

I have just borrowed a 2015 XR. The yellow light is on the screen. It shows SERVICE MAR 2020 for a short while then it displays SERVICE!
Underneath that is 77 INAIR
What is INAIR? I looked all through the manual and couldn’t find what it means.
My service guy said it was a harmless service notification. Just want some validation
DUH? I just found out it means the air temp. Yes, I have intectual limitations

Last edited:
I hate you can't turn that service off without an expensive tool or go to the dealer for an oil change and check your other fluids for $600.

You can use an inexpensive app on your android phone, called MotoScan to reset the service indicator and other error lamps.

I hate you can't turn that service off without an expensive tool or go to the dealer for an oil change and check your other fluids for $600.

Seems like you should shop around some eydo. In Boston the big dealer here does the 6K service (oil, etc.) for $170.

Seems like you should shop around some eydo. In Boston the big dealer here does the 6K service (oil, etc.) for $170.

The problem is that it's not just an oil change they say. My 12k service has a long list of checks and they change your oil and brake fluid ( oh yeah and the service reminder reset), $367 they quoted me at the dealer. A private mechanic quoted me closer to $200 but again I feel I'm just getting an oil change of what is needed (I don't think you need to change the brake fluid all the time as they recommend).

Back