• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

TCX boots too big. Any air/mesh you can recommend?

Zwniana

Bought a pair of the TCX ace boots in an 11 and they run huge which I now am stuck with. Can anyone recommend a good pair of summer riding boot that breaths well? One that runs true to size?

Bought a pair of the TCX ace boots in an 11 and they run huge which I now am stuck with. Can anyone recommend a good pair of summer riding boot that breaths well? One that runs true to size?

I can't give a good recommendation except to say I have had good luck with Sidi boots in the past. That said I too have been burned by strange sizing from more than one brand. As a result I simply refuse to order boots. I go to a brick and mortar merchant, try on boots, buy the pair that fits, and walk away happy. Voni did order some boots (red of course) from a merchant that had an excellent return policy. They arrived. They were too small. She used the provided pre-paid UPS return label and got the next larger size. I certainly would never order boots without this level of return assurance but that is just me I guess.

Thread hijack....how is the width on those TCX Ace shoes? I can't seem to find short moto shoes/boots that are wide enough to suit me and I like the looks of those.

They look awesome and feel awesome! But are definitely wide and big. I’m usually a 10.5 but these seem like 11.5. I ordered 11.

If you can wait until it's safe to get out go to the Revzilla store and try different brands.
Is Revzilla still in the Philly area?

If you can wait until it's safe to get out go to the Revzilla store and try different brands.
Is Revzilla still in the Philly area?

Yes they are still in philly. That was going to be my next step when there is some normalcy.

Even though you can't go into the Philly Revzilla store epiusgr, they now have an extended return policy:

"Extended Returns Policy

RevZilla is working to be sure to serve all of our customers as we navigate the COVID-19 pandemic, and that includes being sure to help you with any returns you need.

As such, for all orders placed as of March 21, 2020, we are operating under an extended return policy of 90 days. Items that have been used or merchandise otherwise excluded from return under our normal Return Policy do not qualify for extended return & exchange terms."

I'd imagine that you pay for the return shipment, however.

I just bought a pair from RevZilla and bought half a size down (12.5 instead of 13) per their recommendation. They fit well- I have a wide foot (EE). Took a ride in 90F weather this week- they flow plenty of air.

I'd definitely try to exchange your if the vendor will work with you for a smaller size.

I have bought two pairs of the TCX Air Tech Gore-Tex Boot which flow air and are waterproof which are both important in Florida summer riding. I bought the first pair from Revzilla because of their return policy. I bought a 45 which their sizing chart said was 11. My shoe size is 10 1/2 to 11 usually and my foot is a tad bit wide and I usually choose a wide when available. This boot fit me well but a little wider would have been perfect. I got a closeout deal on Revzilla for about $150 in January of 2016. I liked the boot so much I bought another pair from Motstorm in January 2019 for $175. They still look like new. I wear them to work and walk around all day and never have a problem. The first set did a lot of cross country touring from Florida out west to CA and back and were comfortable in all environments encountered. Below 30 degrees F you do need thick socks though.

Back