• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

What happened to the Posse thread??

Ditto. It would have been nice to delete the confrontation, but leave the valuable info intact. We're all responsible adults capable of weighing risks and making informed decisions. None of us would put our own or others' lives at risk on the basis of what they read in a single online post.

Moderators should have the ability to put someone in the corner for a timeout when indicated.

Pete

We do try to stop the friction, often behind the scenes with the involved parties. Sometimes posting a warning shot is sufficient, while some people see that as a challenge and press on. Then we have to try to get folks to chill out and not take things so dang serious on most issues and retract words or postings. Telling someone most of our ages to stop doing what they are doing isn’t the funnest of tasks... I volunteered to accept this role but the scratches from herded cats isn’t much fun at times.

Slippery slope as too little is seen as too little until we do issue a timeout and then we get accused of being quick triggered and over moderating.
Threads drift and often bring more discussion after the OP’s question has been answered and the drift occurs. In this case, current events and emotions had a head on crash and the OP pulled the plug. MAYBE, after some time, the contents will reappear and life will go on.

Times are tense and folks seem to be looking for an outlet... maybe instead of needing to have the last word, a step away and a deep breath outdoors would be a better plan.
Works for me anyways.

Look how upset someone can get when someone 3000 miles away thinks their oil (choice) is the only way to go. :eek

"You talkin' to me?" :laugh

The comment referring to sitting around a campfire and seeing the verbal and visual clues of the participants is so valid. Sometimes I will post a comment meant at levity only to read it later or see an adverse reaction and see how it could have been interpreted differently than what I intended.

If anyone wants to see how bad a forum can get, try going to one which allows discussion on politics, guns and religion - fortunately not allowed here.

I think the Mods have it about right on this forum.

Besides, there is absolutely no reason to keep using the wrong oil after being informed of the error; intolerable and must be addressed.

I think the Mods have it about right on this forum.

Besides, there is absolutely no reason to keep using the wrong oil after being informed of the error; intolerable and must be addressed.

I hear Vasoline or KY Jelly is the preferred oil for Ural final drives. At least some people are saying that. :wave

We do try to stop the friction, often behind the scenes with the involved parties. Sometimes posting a warning shot is sufficient, while some people see that as a challenge and press on. Then we have to try to get folks to chill out and not take things so dang serious on most issues and retract words or postings. Telling someone most of our ages to stop doing what they are doing isn’t the funnest of tasks... I volunteered to accept this role but the scratches from herded cats isn’t much fun at times.

Slippery slope as too little is seen as too little until we do issue a timeout and then we get accused of being quick triggered and over moderating.
Threads drift and often bring more discussion after the OP’s question has been answered and the drift occurs. In this case, current events and emotions had a head on crash and the OP pulled the plug. MAYBE, after some time, the contents will reappear and life will go on.

Times are tense and folks seem to be looking for an outlet... maybe instead of needing to have the last word, a step away and a deep breath outdoors would be a better plan.
Works for me anyways.

Steve, Kurt, and all the moderation/admin team,
I totally get how hard and thankless your *volunteer* job can be at times, and I applaud you all for all the time you spend! Especially now with rampant PMS (Parked Motorcycle Syndrome) during what should be riding time, and genuine concerns and fears about personal health and income. Besides, simple human nature works against everyone. As was posted in the "Jokes" thread today, "No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously." :banghead

OK, here's a thought. Say you want to post something and you're a little unsure how it will be taken. Go wash your hands for a full 20 seconds with soap and then come back and reread what you wrote before hitting the send button! ;) :wave

Steve, Kurt, and all the moderation/admin team,
I totally get how hard and thankless your *volunteer* job can be at times, and I applaud you all for all the time you spend! Especially now with rampant PMS (Parked Motorcycle Syndrome) during what should be riding time, and genuine concerns and fears about personal health and income. Besides, simple human nature works against everyone. As was posted in the "Jokes" thread today, "No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously." :banghead

There's a Joke thread? Who knew! Jessh I need to get out more!!

Back