• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Riding Motorcycles During the COVID-19 Pandemic Part II

Another thing this virus does very well is expose what you think about yourself compared to others.

That's the best thing I've read all day. I do get a kick out of reading the comments on my Youtube channel to see where folks are coming from. The newest (negative) one is:

"Stop thinking, go riding, don't crash. SMH silly chickens"

"Stop thinking," indeed.....

-MKL

Chicken Little?
This **** isn't a joke, or a hoax!
Bill

Joke? Hardly.

The Chicken Little Syndrome (aka: generalized anxiety disorder): Fearmongering – whether justified or not – can sometimes elicit a societal response called Chicken Little syndrome, described as "inferring catastrophic conclusions possibly resulting in paralysis". It has also been defined as "a sense of despair or passivity which blocks the audience from actions".

Hoax? How did you come up with that one?

Joe

Joke? Hardly.

The Chicken Little Syndrome (aka: generalized anxiety disorder): Fearmongering – whether justified or not – can sometimes elicit a societal response called Chicken Little syndrome, described as "inferring catastrophic conclusions possibly resulting in paralysis". It has also been defined as "a sense of despair or passivity which blocks the audience from actions".

Hoax? How did you come up with that one?

Joe

Pure psychobabble. Nutcluckery.

Moshe - Excellent video. Being in the epicenter or not does not matter whether I should ride or not. The answer is Not To Ride. This has nothing to do with being free and not getting infected or not. It is about the risk of going to an infected hospital. There are no open beds for those who need other types of medical care, daily crap in life accidents, other health and disease related issues, whatever.

If you are in the middle of Montana and wreck and need trauma care where are you going to go? Most likely HarborView in Seattle. Oh guess what they are full of infected folks. Oh guess what you may go there and then what is the probability of you getting infected and passing it to others.

See the link it is a map of the world that is tracking this virus by the hour. It is very scary the rates at which this virus moves and takes lives. It move through contact. Stay away from others and change your risk management level to high alert.

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

We all need to stop being selfish for once in our lives and start being good stewards of our life environment. It is killing me not to ride but right now I am in the Denver area and there is no place to go if I crash and need medical care. No beds open. I am screwed.

Me thinks he was referring to YOUR comment Joe.:dunno

All Moshe is asking is to think a little further down the consequence chain than we normally do during this unusual time.

I too, had thought of going for a nice head clearing ride during this time of social distancing. I figured, how much better social distance can you get than inside your own helmet. But after viewing Moshe's video, I thought a little further down the "consequence chain".

Given the current local situation (subject to change), I will use other ways to amuse myself.

:dance:dance:dance

Back