• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Hair cuts and trim

I always said that when I retired I would go back to looking like a hippy. Here's my chance.

My 2 employees got me a FlowBee for my birthday over 20 years ago and I haven't been to a barber since! Cha Ching $

My 2 employees got me a FlowBee for my birthday over 20 years ago and I haven't been to a barber since! Cha Ching $

I used to work in an engineering office than a number of Flobee cult members. The whispers, the side glances...… the sharing of the Flobee. From a distance, thankfully, you guys seem to be getting a lot more enjoyment from that experience than saving the price of a haircut.

So, whatever happened to the Flowbee anyway? I never had one, never used one, but I always--even 30 years ago--wondered what the haircut was like. Was it useful? The models in the ads always seemed to have longish hair and I was in the Army with a buzz cut. Not much of an opportunity for me there.

So, whatever happened to the Flowbee anyway? I never had one, never used one, but I always--even 30 years ago--wondered what the haircut was like. Was it useful? The models in the ads always seemed to have longish hair and I was in the Army with a buzz cut. Not much of an opportunity for me there.
There is a used one on Ebay right now for a mere $350.

Still in business with direct sales through their website. https://www.flowbee.com/order_page.htm

$99 use with any small diameter vacuum hose (I use my small shopvac).

Been using one for over 30 years.

Flowbee vs Barber:

No risk of getting a Barber that has a different idea than you about how you want your hair cut.

No waiting or appointments. A fifteen minute haircut any time you want it (you don't even have to get dressed :) ).

Adjustable length between maybe 1/2" to around 4". Snap on guides to insure the exact length. Gets the hair even, then you can taper the edges with the tapered guide if you want. Or touchup the edges with a beard trimmer.

You cut your hair to look how YOU want it to look, not by pointing to a photo on the wall. May not work well with some hair (curly, stiff, etc.) If the nozzle of a vacuum can't pull the hair straight, it probably won't work well.

I bought it mainly for the incredible amount of time and money I was saving, plus the too many times when the result of a barbershop left me unhappy.

Will never go back.:rocker

:dance:dance:dance

With all this talk of the Flowbee, all I can think of is this:

I have no need for such a device, as my clippers do the job for the hair that remains around (not on top of) my head.

Still in business with direct sales through their website. https://www.flowbee.com/order_page.htm

$99 use with any small diameter vacuum hose (I use my small shopvac).

Been using one for over 30 years.

Flowbee vs Barber:

No risk of getting a Barber that has a different idea than you about how you want your hair cut.

No waiting or appointments. A fifteen minute haircut any time you want it (you don't even have to get dressed :) ).

Adjustable length between maybe 1/2" to around 4". Snap on guides to insure the exact length. Gets the hair even, then you can taper the edges with the tapered guide if you want. Or touchup the edges with a beard trimmer.

You cut your hair to look how YOU want it to look, not by pointing to a photo on the wall. May not work well with some hair (curly, stiff, etc.) If the nozzle of a vacuum can't pull the hair straight, it probably won't work well.

I bought it mainly for the incredible amount of time and money I was saving, plus the too many times when the result of a barbershop left me unhappy.

Will never go back.:rocker

:dance:dance:dance

This endorsement means nothing without pictures...........:thumb

I swear my dad used to put a bowl on my head back in the 50's and cut my hair. We lived in the country and there were no barbers anyway plus he wouldn't spend the money if there was one. He cut it until I got my first real job at 13 and that was the end of it.
Years later my oldest daughter took a hair cutting course in high school and showed me how to cut. I've cut my on hair for the last 50 years. So, I'm a cheap skate just like my dad but I don't use a bowl.

Wahl trimmers, TP and N95 maskes..........

Understanding that it's going to be a while until barber shops re-open, I've been trying to buy a Wahl Clipper. After several (more than 3) weeks of shopping, I'm assuming the clippers will be available about the time N95 masks show up at HomeDepot and Lowes.

Last edited:
Back