• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

R1200S Hyper-Lites Install Help.

The round diagnostic plug has a switched source, recalling green w/ yellow stripe, but not positive. Have used it on many low draw relays or lights. A check with a voltmeter will verify
Up front for info would be the parking light bulb in headlight

On our R12S, only bike we do not have HyperLites on, I went with Kissan ground interrupted flasher for tailight.
Either way you can access all the wiring needed removing the taillight unit and hide the little relay there as well

And threads often drift, just only after some answers come... however, we are in new territory and folks are wandering

Welcome
BTW

I believe mine is just green. Key off 0, key on 12.8v I'll use that if I can't find another one.

Thanks

I believe mine is just green. Key off 0, key on 12.8v I'll use that if I can't find another one.

Thanks

Not many choices, another is the accessory outlet... however it stays on for a few seconds after key-off.
If you haven’t already, post a pic of your S in the thread near top of section. Not many of us!

Installed hyper-lights on old airhead this winter. Had to call hyper-lights to clarify instructions. Had a nice chat with the owner about wire colors. Although I found the keyed power to the always on the tail light and the stop light wire, I asked anywho. I got the non-flasher type because our state said no flashing. However, they seem to vibrate a little when applied which may be better. The KRS has the flashers. So yeah, we talked about the laws, the virus was not on radar yet.

Hyper-Lites Install (U32 Universal Kit) on the 2009 K1300s

Turns out there's NOT a YouTube video for everything! Trying to find switched power on my '09 K1300s for Hyper-Lites (U32 Kit) install. However, I was able to find enough info on a K1600 forum and an article by Leo Stemp Installing Accessory Rear Lighting on the K1200s\K1300s on the Pirateslair.net

http://pirateslair.net/rear%20lighting%20installation%20guide%20for%20K1200S%20&%20K1300S1.pdf

Several helpful threads here, too, but none on the K1300s so I thought I upload some photos (resized) of my wiring install;

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

Back