Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: R18 section name?

Quote Originally Posted by henzilla View Post
    I am amused at the loud pipe comments as so many here and I see on the road have aftermarket exhausts on their German machines. The first Camhead that rolled into my shop sounded like a Remus compared to my Oilheads and first Hexheads.
    I can hear most newer BMW’s as well as Cummins diesels and some, not all V- twins coming way down the road. Be careful with the rocks around the windows

Some folks like RTs and dislike GSs as an example, some folks think Airheads are old tractors. This engine surely will be offered in a few more models, one may interest you if given a chance. If not, grumble away
    Excellent Point!!

And, I love the idea of an optional big torque engine for the RT, might have to move the jugs to an angle like the Moto Guzzi, but I'm in. Where do I send the deposit......

E.

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Vehicles with mega-base sometimes makes me think I have a chimney fire.
    Whatever........... Itís part of the luxury of living in an open society.
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    Vehicles with mega-base sometimes makes me think I have a chimney fire.
    Whatever........... Itís part of the luxury of living in an open society.
    OM
    There actually was a time when courtesy and manners counted. Today we have far too many people who insist it is their right - their freedom - to do any darn thing they want whether it is obnoxious or not. As a culture we could do with a whole lot fewer of folks of this ilk.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    There actually was a time when courtesy and manners counted. Today we have far too many people who insist it is their right - their freedom - to do any darn thing they want whether it is obnoxious or not. As a culture we could do with a whole lot fewer of folks of this ilk.
    I think you are referring to manners? Like covering ones mouth when one coughs or sneezes?
    Manners use to start young.
    OM
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

I think you are referring to manners? Like covering ones mouth when one coughs or sneezes?
    OM
    Yes, and not vibrating the car next to you with your $5,000 sound system. And like not blasting down the road with an exhaust system that shakes the windows in the house you just went past. And like not throwing your butts, beer cans, and dirty diapers out the car window as you drive along. Those kinds of freedoms some people demand are their right. You know, the ones that insist "they can't tell me what to do or not do."
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell

OM
    Yes, and not vibrating the car next to you with your $5,000 sound system. And like not blasting down the road with an exhaust system that shakes the windows in the house you just went past. And like not throwing your butts, beer cans, and dirty diapers out the car window as you drive along. Those kinds of freedoms some people demand are their right. You know, the ones that insist "they can't tell me what to do or not do."
    A very long, new thread could be devoted to this.
    OM
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Remember that incredibly bad biker movie Peter Fonda did ......... "The Wild Geese"..... There was this big speech scene where the Gang leader (Fonda) pleads their case to the town council. Even as a teenager, his whinny ....... "We just wanna ride" ........speech sounded childish to me.

The no-helmet and/or loud muffler folks always remind me of that bad movie
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

My apologies for veering so far off topic. I promise I will try to do better in the future.

Ah, yes, you must tolerate my intolerable behavior!

This actually has a name: the paradox of tolerance link
    2020 R1250 GSA Low