Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: R18 section name?

Left Coast Rider
    If the bike fails to sell we could call it the Dud Head.

Don't know what they sound like but - Thunderhead.

If they are well muffled then you could call it the Distant Thunderhead

Wayne Koppa
    Grayling, MI
    #71,449

I don't know anything about it. But based on appearances, I'd call it the PigHead. That thing looks like a pig to me.

Looks like the big reveal happens tomorrow. Here's a screenshot of the BMW Motorrad USA website taken just before 5PM EDT 4/2:

Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 4.56.26 PM.png
    John Gamel - BMW MOA Consumer Liaison 2018-Present
    2015 Ebony Metallic R1200RT
    MOA #153274
    "We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo-via Walt Kelly

COVID-19 update: Stop by your dealer (website) for a (virtual) test ride today!

I received this in email from Bob's BMW last night.

BMW R 18 Celebrates Its World Premiere - Friday, April 3
    On Friday, April 3, the new BMW R 18 will celebrate its long-awaited world premiere. BMW Motorrad will officially present the announced production bike featuring the Big Boxer for the cruiser segment.

This world premiere will take place LIVE on BMWs Facebook Page at 8pm Central European Time, 2pm Eastern, 11am Pacific. Leading up to the premiere, you can follow along @BMWMotorradUSA on Facebook and Instagram as we count down to the reveal.

Immediately after the unveiling, initial information about the motorcycle including photos, videos and the configurator will be activated on www.bmw-motorrad.com/r18countdown.

BMW is setting aside 180 units of the R 18 Launch Edition. These early production bikes will be available exclusively for pre-orders which will be fulfilled on a first-come, first-served basis. You can pre-order the Launch Edition R 18, by visiting https://pre-order.bmwmotorcycles.com/#/pre-order/R18, starting Friday, April 3.

If you are one of our customers hoping to be among the 180 riders in the US to receive this limited edition BMW Motorcycle, you MUST visit the designated URL: https://pre-order.bmwmotorcycles.com/#/pre-order/R18 to reserve your space. While Bobs BMW is very excited to roll out the red carpet to deliver the bikes upon their arrival, we are unable to reserve or place the pre-orders for you. If you have any questions about the bike or the pre-order the process, contact us immediately so you do not miss this very exciting opportunity!

Read More About The Concept R18>>
    Bob Smith
    1998 R1200C
    2000 R1200C

Quote Originally Posted by bobs98 View Post
    BMW R 18 Celebrates Its World Premiere - Friday, April 3
    On Friday, April 3, the new BMW R 18 will celebrate its long-awaited world premiere. BMW Motorrad will officially present the announced production bike featuring the Big Boxer for the cruiser segment.

This world premiere will take place LIVE on BMWs Facebook Page at 8pm Central European Time, 2pm Eastern, 11am Pacific. Leading up to the premiere, you can follow along @BMWMotorradUSA on Facebook and Instagram as we count down to the reveal.

Immediately after the unveiling, initial information about the motorcycle including photos, videos and the configurator will be activated on www.bmw-motorrad.com/r18countdown.

BMW is setting aside 180 units of the R 18 Launch Edition. These early production bikes will be available exclusively for pre-orders which will be fulfilled on a first-come, first-served basis. You can pre-order the Launch Edition R 18, by visiting https://pre-order.bmwmotorcycles.com/#/pre-order/R18, starting Friday, April 3.

If you are one of our customers hoping to be among the 180 riders in the US to receive this limited edition BMW Motorcycle, you MUST visit the designated URL: https://pre-order.bmwmotorcycles.com/#/pre-order/R18 to reserve your space. While Bobs BMW is very excited to roll out the red carpet to deliver the bikes upon their arrival, we are unable to reserve or place the pre-orders for you. If you have any questions about the bike or the pre-order the process, contact us immediately so you do not miss this very exciting opportunity!

Read More About The Concept R18>>
    Neither link works.
    The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

Quote Originally Posted by brownie0486 View Post
    Neither link works.
    Well they do now.

The mothership is calling it the Big Head.
    2020 R1250 GSA Low

Reveal video:

Harry
    My fleet: 2015 R1200GS, 2017 Toyota Prius Prime (plug-in hybrid)

I'm keeping my wethead GS but I can see how others may really like these bikes (various configurations available).

Harry
    My fleet: 2015 R1200GS, 2017 Toyota Prius Prime (plug-in hybrid)

I watched him pull the cover off the production R18. I gotta say I like it. The design is really very nostalgic and in my opinion it is very well done. Will it sell? Time will tell. I think the 180 they say will be available will in fact sell out fairly quickly. Any /2 owner that then later bought a Rocket 3 ought to like this bike. YMMV of course.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    ...based on appearances, I'd call it the Pig Head...
    Quote Originally Posted by wbrownell9 View Post
    The mothership is calling it the Big Head.
    Then I was only off by one letter!

Quote Originally Posted by AKsuited View Post
    Reveal video:

Harry

Sorry, I could not watch that. I don't know who BMW is marketing to, but it is definitely not me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman48 View Post
    Well they do now.
    Thank you, and just so people know, at this time, pre-orders are filled, they are taking names when they get more available
    The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr