• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

R18 section name?

I'm keeping my wethead GS but I can see how others may really like these bikes (various configurations available).

Harry

I watched him pull the cover off the production R18. I gotta say I like it. The design is really very nostalgic and in my opinion it is very well done. Will it sell? Time will tell. I think the 180 they say will be available will in fact sell out fairly quickly. Any /2 owner that then later bought a Rocket 3 ought to like this bike. YMMV of course.

Reveal video:

<iframe width="988" height="556" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rdxNWAzMuCo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Harry

Sorry, I could not watch that. I don't know who BMW is marketing to, but it is definitely not me.

Looks good to me. I would say they are marketing to a mid range age group as the bikes remind me of custom builds that are being done nowadays.
Be nice to see one in person.
OM

I don't know who BMW is marketing to, but it is definitely not me.

My #1 candidate would be a guy that had an R69S as his first real bike and then later bought a Triumph Rocket 3. I actually like the looks of the bike. If I had a spare $23 or $24 thousand dollars with no other need for it I might buy one of these. But since I don't I won't.

I understand the 180 pre-order slots are all sold out.

My #1 candidate would be a guy that had an R69S as his first real bike and then later bought a Triumph Rocket 3. I actually like the looks of the bike. If I had a spare $23 or $24 thousand dollars with no other need for it I might buy one of these. But since I don't I won't.

I understand the 180 pre-order slots are all sold out.

Sorry, I wasn't referring to the bike, I was referring to the video.

But the bike doesn't interest me either.:thumb

I like the look of it, but like the blacked-out version more than the chrome. In the YouTube video, the tall guy with the beard looks like he's crammed into it. I wonder about the oil-cooler. It's not an ADV bike, so maybe that's a non-issue?

R18OilCooler.png

Funny how the pre-orders sold out in minutes, huh. I suspect that no current Forum members will admit buying one.

I watched him pull the cover off the production R18. I gotta say I like it. The design is really very nostalgic and in my opinion it is very well done. Will it sell? Time will tell. I think the 180 they say will be available will in fact sell out fairly quickly. Any /2 owner that then later bought a Rocket 3 ought to like this bike. YMMV of course.

I have to put in with you, Paul. Not a bike I would buy, but I like the retro look which draws directly and deeply on BMW design heritage. Not to offend those who love their R12C's but I think this bike is a vastly better looking bike and they got to the big torque thing the right way - lots more cubic centimeters. I see this as an instant classic.

I like this version better than the base model.
All the accessories are BMW items.

R18 (3).jpg

Back