Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Steve's Adventure into Motorcycling & Modifications

Adventure Designs Highway Pegs

https://www.advdesigns.com/highwaypegs.html

As a new rider, I had no idea what the right “rider’s” triangle meant when buying a bike. I bought what felt good on the showroom floor and was off to the races.
    Turns out, the F-850GS Adventure Low Chassis with the low seat is a terrible riders triangle for me on the highway. After about 45 minutes, I’m ready to throw the bike in a ditch and walk home.
    I bought a “comfort” seat to get more space between me and the pegs. That helped a lot (used seat), but I’m still having a Russell Day Long Seat built for me.

These highway pegs are another idea that might help me stretch out at times and relax the knees / back some when on the bike.

Tools:
    13mm socket
    13mm box wrench
    I used Teflon tape to help keep them from scratching the crash bars (yeah, I Know that sounds dumb)

I had a lot of trouble trying to figure out a placement that would help. I have a feeling I’ll be moving them around a bunch to find the right places for them….it very much seems like a trial and error idea on this bike.
    -Steve
    2019 F850 GSA Rallye
    or
    2017 F-250

BMW F850GS Adventure HP Clutch and Brake Levers

I found a great deal on some open box HP levers for the bike. Scored the set for $100 bucks and I jumped on them. Other than looking cool, I don’t think they do anything special (someone can school me on that one). I would not pay what BMW asks for them….I just don’t see the benefit.

Part Numbers: 77228355202 & 32728355098
    Install is super easy. Send me a PM if you need help, but I just used my factory manual which has instructions for installing these (and all of the BMW accessories). You do have to be very careful with the clutch lever to not break the contact switches. Those are very delicate.

-Steve
    2019 F850 GSA Rallye
    or
    2017 F-250

Added a MotoJug to the bike!

https://www.motojug.com/

Installation is a piece of cake. I don't want to wear a separate hydration pack and I found putting a pack into my Triumph jacket would usually end up with body temperature water after a couple hours. This simple insulated jug means cold water all day in a container that's easy to re-fill and clean.

I never ride with a passenger..so it works well for me.
    -Steve
    2019 F850 GSA Rallye
    or
    2017 F-250