Thread: Clutch replacement '95 1100GS

Clutch replacement '95 1100GS

I am looking for some video suggestions for how to do a clutch replacement. I have done a lot of other wrenching on this bike and my F800. But the clutch has always been that deep dark secretive item (that only works by magic), and seems really scary to get into. My preference would be to have a clutch spiritual guide standing next to me as I work, but I'm not sure I will be that lucky to find one nearby. So, if anyone has any links to videos that might show me how to do this, I would greatly appreciate it.

I have seen a video from the Illinois BMW riders group, but it does not show the clutch replacement process. I have searched ADVRider with no success, along with Youtube.

Thanks for any ideas or suggestions.

Jack

I muscled through one of these on an RT. Take lots of pictures as you go and write an order of operations as well so you can put the layers back on the onion in the same order. Also, use blue tape and sharpies to mark hoses, wires, and their associated connections. Anyway thats what I did.
    Signature

I may have a few pictures from when I did my 95 R 1100 r. It really isn't that hard.

Sent from my SM-T837P using Tapatalk

Chris Harris has some useful videos on YouTube. Also buy a Clymers regardless if you watch videos. Follow the instructions and you will be fine. I have change clutches in airheads, Oilheads, and Kbikes.
    1999 Triumph Tiger, 1998 K1200RS, & 1994 R1100RS

Here are some pictures, I left them big so you could hopefully you zoom in on them. I hope this helps you. And everybody else I apologize for the big pictures.

Sent from my SM-T837P using Tapatalk

Jack. It isn't hard if you have the right tools. Just tedious. There is a video available showing it from start to finish on an 1100RT which is pretty much the same as the GS except for removing the plastic first. I have the DVD and can burn you a copy if you can't find it. Also, I have a six page checklist which I've used multiple times on both 1150RT's and 1150GS's. The 1100 is the same except for the mechanical clutch throw-out as opposed to hydraulic on the 1150. I can send you a copy of the check list if you message me your email info.

Al
    Al - Ogden, Utah
    Boxer bikes, boxer dogs, and letterboxing.
    2004 1150RT and 2018 Triumph Tiger 800xrx

Quote Originally Posted by awagnon View Post
    Jack. It isn't hard if you have the right tools. Just tedious. There is a video available showing it from start to finish on an 1100RT which is pretty much the same as the GS except for removing the plastic first. I have the DVD and can burn you a copy if you can't find it. Also, I have a six page checklist which I've used multiple times on both 1150RT's and 1150GS's. The 1100 is the same except for the mechanical clutch throw-out as opposed to hydraulic on the 1150. I can send you a copy of the check list if you message me your email info.

Al
    PM sent

JackC

Quote Originally Posted by jbculbreth149 View Post
    PM sent

JackC
    Jack,

I sent you an email. Let me know if you don't get it.

Al
    Al - Ogden, Utah
    Boxer bikes, boxer dogs, and letterboxing.
    2004 1150RT and 2018 Triumph Tiger 800xrx

Quote Originally Posted by awagnon View Post
    Jack,

I sent you an email. Let me know if you don't get it.

Al
    Great! With all this advice, the pix, and a dvd, I am well on my way to becoming a Clutch Master!!!

Thx everyone. Will keep you posted on my progress. It might go faster than I think with all this quarantine time on my hands.

Jack