• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

1994 R1100RS Project bike.

Good thread and good job on the RS. Kinda got me to thinking. I've gotta '94 R1100RS somewhere back in the garage. Got up and went on a search for mission and found it. Unloaded all the junk on it and lo and behold, there it was. The tag read June 2011 and the OD read 55, 550 miles. Nice find in my own garage. Wow, only 25 yards
To this find. This thread just might get me motivated for a resurection. Thx. :dance:thumb

There is something inherently wrong with "barn finds" in your own barn. :)

Pretty sad, that barn is full of finds waiting to be discovered.:groovy:evil ps Uncovered might be a better word. :)

Good thread and good job on the RS. Kinda got me to thinking. I've gotta '94 R1100RS somewhere back in the garage. Got up and went on a search for mission and found it. Unloaded all the junk on it and lo and behold, there it was. The tag read June 2011 and the OD read 55, 550 miles. Nice find in my own garage. Wow, only 25 yards
To this find. This thread just might get me motivated for a resurection. Thx. :dance:thumb

Hey, glad I could help. Post yours up too!

Jim :brow

Oh boy, some of those nooks and crannies sure make this look like a flood bike to me.

Possibly, though all the electronics work, and it turns over. The dirt and spider webs everywhere are consistent with living on a farm dirt road, and a couple years in a small open barn.

I have been following this thread with interest as my ride is a red 1999 R1100RS. It was love at first sight and I bought it from a tennis buddy about 15 years ago. Your project must truly be a labor of love as my bike, before I managed to badly crack the main headlight faring, was worth $1100 as a trade in at our local BMW dealer. I bought and restored another fairing on line, but it needs to be painted and I've patched the original which is fully functional. Replacing that main fairing is kind of like a heart transplant. The problems that probably will arise could easily leave me with a basket case. What I have now is a fully functional ride that has all the stuff I like on it. From everywhere but the front left it looks great. My goal is to put 100K on the clock and I'm at 96.5. I'm just a guy who likes to ride motorcycles and had been doing it for 63 years. When I hit 100 K you can have a lot of spare parts you will need for a great price.

I have been following this thread with interest as my ride is a red 1999 R1100RS. It was love at first sight and I bought it from a tennis buddy about 15 years ago. Your project must truly be a labor of love as my bike, before I managed to badly crack the main headlight faring, was worth $1100 as a trade in at our local BMW dealer. I bought and restored another fairing on line, but it needs to be painted and I've patched the original which is fully functional. Replacing that main fairing is kind of like a heart transplant. The problems that probably will arise could easily leave me with a basket case. What I have now is a fully functional ride that has all the stuff I like on it. From everywhere but the front left it looks great. My goal is to put 100K on the clock and I'm at 96.5. I'm just a guy who likes to ride motorcycles and had been doing it for 63 years. When I hit 100 K you can have a lot of spare parts you will need for a great price.

Sounds like you found a bike worth fixing. The front fairing isn't too hard to remove. Only the windscreen mechanism can be a bit of a challenge. I'll try to put together a few photos showing the process.

Possibly, though all the electronics work, and it turns over. The dirt and spider webs everywhere are consistent with living on a farm dirt road, and a couple years in a small open barn.

Jim,

What's the interior of the airbox and air filter look like?

Jim,

What's the interior of the airbox and air filter look like?

It had a lightly chewed filter and a lot of small seeds. The inside of the fuse box looked like a brand new bike.

Another reason I am sure it was never under water.

Back