• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

1994 R1100RS Project bike.

Thanks guys!

Installed the rear caliper on the R1100RS, then flushed and bled all the brakes.

Tossed on the lower fairing just for incentive to finish it!

Jim :brow

Is that left side caliper upper mounting bolt loose?

No, it has a spacer for the state inspection metal holder. I will be reinstalling it once I clean it up.

See it here.

PS Before I ride it I will be going over every bolt for torques.

This is one of my favorite threads. Following this since Day 1. I am surprised at how much you have accomplished in two months. Hope your test ride goes well.

Finally got my new HF polisher in, so now I can complete the bike.

Looking pretty good, still needs wax.

Wow - lookin' better all the time. You found a pretty nice bike under all that crud when you brought it home. :thumb

Fully assembled, looking pretty good.

Battery charging, needs TB sync and starter is sticking, so I will need to take it apart and clean it.

Seeing the before and after photos again *really* shows just how much you've had to do. I'll be the person who you got the bike from wouldn't recognize it now.

Reading this thread has been bittersweet (mostly excellent, though!). My dad had a 2001 R1100RS (he's on the right in the picture and I'm on the left) and we rode all over Texas, Arkansas, New Mexico, and Colorado, making at least one annual long ride with my brother. Our last trip together was in early September 2018 to the Land of Enchantment BMW Rally in Sipapu, NM. Sadly, four months later he was diagnosed with Stage IV Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma in January 2019 and passed away in April 2019. He was 79 in this picture and still riding like a pro. My brother will be riding his pristine RS now.

Dad and I Sep 2018.jpg

I was getting desperate. Needed my RS Restoration fix. :)

jsouth, great picture and an even better story behind the picture.

Reading this thread has been bittersweet (mostly excellent, though!). My dad had a 2001 R1100RS (he's on the right in the picture and I'm on the left) and we rode all over Texas, Arkansas, New Mexico, and Colorado, making at least one annual long ride with my brother. Our last trip together was in early September 2018 to the Land of Enchantment BMW Rally in Sipapu, NM. Sadly, four months later he was diagnosed with Stage IV Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma in January 2019 and passed away in April 2019. He was 79 in this picture and still riding like a pro. My brother will be riding his pristine RS now.

View attachment 79000

Great story. I wish I had been able to ride with my father.

Looks even better in the sun. Took it for a short ride today. Rides nice, but the ABS is flashing. I will try a reset tomorrow.

Back