• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

So...what are you doing to keep yourself occupied while the world is jammed up?

If you need something, let me know!

Which state are you in? Nevermind, central PA!

I see quite a few in PA.

https://easylocator.net/search/map3/HVAC Dealer/product/HVAC/category/Dealer/

I tried the largest contractor on that list, in Altoona and Bedford......….They're the ones that said. "Haven't dealt with them in years"

The other guys are in really small towns.

The failing part is the control board on a 110V outside unit that was installed in 2010...….I'll PM the model number tomorrow.

Thanks

So, you went with square holes instead of the more common round hole. There is probably fodder for some in-depth psychoanalysis in that decision.

The big hammer drill with its 3/4 inch bit drilled the four corners. Then the hammer chisel set to not rotate banged out the plus sign shaped center portion in short order. Holding the fifteen pound drill at eye level while it was banging away was the hard part. It failed to do my impinged shoulder any good at all.

If you've fixed everything up around the house and/or your bike, it might be worthwhile thinking what do you want things to look like once the lockdown is lifted. If you want people to look at your motorcycle and think that you've been out on the road enjoying the sights, these guys have some tips:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DtgjwClEpBI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I've got some sections of clapboard to replace on the house, but that will have to wait for warmer, drier weather. I was planning on addressing it when we got home from the rally; depending on how things go it might start sooner than planned. Now is Mud Season in northern Vermont, the time when winter and spring are battling for dominance. Just when the ground was beginning to dry out and firm up we had a day of rain, then two more inches of snow overnight.

The bikes (2018 GSA, 2012 GSA sidecar rig, and 2015 Honda CRF250L) have been ready to ride for some time now, but the stay at home order has nixed that. Rural Vermont folk are pretty well isolated, but folks fleeing the pandemic in big cities have brought it with them and, unfortunately, have in many cases ignored the self-quarantine rule. We're seeing it starting up here now. But you can't live in the country without having plenty of things to do. The tractor, excavator, chainsaws and logging winch have all come in handy. Swapping the winch for the big chipper let me turn a huge pile of branches into wood chips for the wife's berry patch and between her raised beds. And in the nature of Vermonters anyone going to the grocery store 45 minutes away first calls all the neighbors to see what they need, our way of limiting exposure

But sometimes Glenlivet and I go out to the shop and sit in and on the sidecar rig to dream about adventures to come. Glenlivet looks at me, then at the closed garage door, then back at me and rests his muzzle on my thigh with a heavy sigh. We miss the open road...

Pete

2020Bug2.jpg

We used a ratchet strap to hold the weight of the drill in the air and then a second one to keep the pressure on the bit. We we drilling 2" holes 4' deep every 20 feet for 900' in an 8' diameter cable shaft. Thes second year we went to a core drill which was much easier.

That's a pretty long way to go down on a rope.:ha

Still riding for bread and milk. LEO are turning their heads not wanting contact, just like us. 70's last week in the midwest.

Yesterday I vacuumed, cleaned all the windows then went for a bicycle ride.

I hope my wife never sees one of your posts.....

I started doing all our laundry in 1995 when for the first time in our married life I had an assignment that allowed me do something around the house. In the early years I had some complaints from my daughter about the quality of my work. I gave her Lee Iacocca's advice (If you can find a better deal, take it); the compaints ended.

I started doing all our laundry in 1995 when for the first time in our married life I had an assignment that allowed me do something around the house. In the early years I had some complaints from my daughter about the quality of my work. I gave her Lee Iacocca's advice (If you can find a better deal, take it); the compaints ended.

When we retired 16 years ago Voni and I had a discussion. Or maybe I should say she had a discussion with me. She said, "For the past 37 years I have been doing the cooking and the cleanup. Now I think I should only do one or the other. Which do you want to do, cook or cleanup?" I chose cooking.

We each do our own breakfasts and lunch, but for dinner/supper I cook the meals. Sometimes she helps with making a salad when she thinks I'm deficient with the fruits and vegetables. Some of my early meals were horrible but over the years I've gotten better.

Last edited:
I'm super lucky, my missus does pretty much all the cooking and she's very good at it. She does most of the cleanup too but I help out a little here and there.

And another project is finally getting a mantlepiece done. It took me about 6 years to find a piece of wood which ended up being a piece from one of my own trees I had milled and it's been drying in the shed for a couple of years. This is going to make me very happy when it's up.
IMG_2746_heic-L.jpg

I'm super lucky, my missus does pretty much all the cooking and she's very good at it. She does most of the cleanup too but I help out a little here and there.

And another project is finally getting a mantlepiece done. It took me about 6 years to find a piece of wood which ended up being a piece from one of my own trees I had milled and it's been drying in the shed for a couple of years. This is going to make me very happy when it's up.
View attachment 77840

I have a similar piece that was supposed to be a "bar" to sit at. I used the 2-part decoupaged coating that worked out well. Has turned into a wonderful "catch-all". :banghead Perhaps those with a similar "any flat surface" condition can relate. :hungover
OM

Like so many other people, Dave and I are learning to make our own bread. I started with a small, single white loaf (about 12 oz). I'm pleasantly surprised by how easy it was, really.

He's working on some sourdough starter, so once it's mature, that'll be the next thing. He made crumpets for breakfast today with the 'castoff'. Pretty darned good! I took the bold step of not buying any bread when I went out for my weekly-ish groceries today.

Dreaming of all the cool rides last year and stewing about it ending......for now. Outside doing all the spring chores and mowing . since the recycling center closed we have found cheap entertainment....crushing the cans under the truck tires . This stress sure makes me thirsty! :hungover

Back