• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

So...what are you doing to keep yourself occupied while the world is jammed up?

Yes, Panasonic bought out Sanyo HVAC. Panasonic is still in business and doing well selling mini splits. As for changes in the line, it had to happen to meet DOE and EPA requirements. Parts are still available for Sanyo badged units. I should know, I work for a Panasonic distributor. Anyone saying otherwise is full of it! Granted, parts for a 20 year old unit might be tough, but they are at the end of life anyway.

All I can say is.......I can't find them ( a Panasonic Dealer or parts) in the mid-Atlantic region. The only dealer listed on the Panasonic website said they hadn't handled them in years and commercial parts suppliers claimed they couldn't get parts. My oldest unit (a double head) was installed in 2007.

What you needed what a Hilti hammer drill. I have their smallest one that takes the same batteries as my drill and recap saw. They are the best out there, I have spent a lot of time driving them in all sizes.

But, isn't that an old Bosch hammer drill in the picture? That should have done the job.

What you needed what a Hilti hammer drill. I have their smallest one that takes the same batteries as my drill and recap saw. They are the best out there, I have spent a lot of time driving them in all sizes.

As far as hammer drills, there is Hilti and then everything else. The Hilti battery circular saw is the best circular saw I have ever used.
Other than Hilti, the Bosch are pretty good for hammer drills. Makita for battery circular saw.
I don’t know what the deal is with Hilti but there is a remarkable difference.
OM

But, isn't that an old Bosch hammer drill in the picture? That should have done the job.

It did a major part of the job. The big ba$tard wore me out though as it was hard to get positioned right at forehead level. I tried more gentle methods first, trying to get a round hole. Then I went and got it once I decided the hole didn't have to be exactly round. :)

As far as hammer drills, there is Hilti and then everything else. The Hilti battery circular saw is the best circular saw I have ever used.
Other than Hilti, the Bosch are pretty good for hammer drills. Makita for battery circular saw.
I don’t know what the deal is with Hilti but there is a remarkable difference.
OM

Family owned business.

It did a major part of the job. The big ba$tard wore me out though as it was hard to get positioned right at forehead level. I tried more gentle methods first, trying to get a round hole. Then I went and got it once I decided the hole didn't have to be exactly round. :)

A few years ago, the Big Box Hardware store had these folding platforms on sale for $19 at Christmas. It's amazing how much 16" of elevation helps for a lot of jobs beyond painting.

Watching the latest update from the White House, it’s great to see everyone pulling together and corporate America stepping up to this global problem :usa :clap
om

Watching the latest update from the White House, it’s great to see everyone pulling together and corporate America stepping up to this global problem :usa :clap
om

I refuse to watch the sycophantic obsequious genuflection any more.

I'm glad the two scientists have so far managed to curtail the worst impulses.

God Bless America!

Today I washed my Ozzie Mates Man'Strom and then took it for its first ride of 2020 to make certain all the water was blown off/out.

om

Missed it today but I usually try to catch it so I know for sure what was said instead of some reporter's interruption.
Yesterday had a couple nasty reporters who were more interested in making Trump look bad instead of getting information on the virus.
I also try to watch Governor Kim Reynolds press conference at 2:30 each day. I record this one since it's the same time each day.

All I can say is.......I can't find them ( a Panasonic Dealer or parts) in the mid-Atlantic region. The only dealer listed on the Panasonic website said they hadn't handled them in years and commercial parts suppliers claimed they couldn't get parts. My oldest unit (a double head) was installed in 2007.

If you need something, let me know!

Which state are you in? Nevermind, central PA!

I see quite a few in PA.

https://easylocator.net/search/map3/HVAC Dealer/product/HVAC/category/Dealer/

Back