• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

So...what are you doing to keep yourself occupied while the world is jammed up?

Omega Man

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat
Staff member
Sure there is lots to do....... Sure there is tasks that must be done......Most of which barely serves to keep the strain of being "holed up" at bay.

Cleaning?

Bike maintenance?

Puzzles?

Reading?

Movies?

Old black and White TV shows?

Have you gone for a ride?

Are you figuring the best way to get to the food store?

Time to clean out the history on your computer :evil

Time to that long overdue backup of your computer.......after you clean out the garbage?

Maybe time to get the lawn mower ready? with the warm weather, the grass (weeds) is greening up.

Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse.......?

I have plenty to do......most of it rather mundane, not real stimulating when it's done one after another :hungover

So what are you doing?

OM

Installing a new mini-split heat pump system for the bedroom and office.

Installing Admore high zoot LED rear light bars on the 310s.

Installing brush guards on the 310s.

New chains for the 310s

New rear tires for the 310s

Testing my new (garage sale) MIG welder.

An hour or so of streamed TV in the evenings - usually scientific stuff or historic stuff.

MeTV is crazy old stuff from way back. Addictive. Film Noir too. And the iPad. Working on the bikes. Spring cleaning, yard, windows, gutters, lots to do. Made homemade ketchup, ran out, way better than store bought.

Watched The Weather Channel.

Mostly reading.

Did a little repair work on the house gutters.

Mowed the lawn for the first time this spring.

Took the trash bin to the curb.

Recovered the trash bin from the curb after the trash truck emptied it.

Trying to get caught up with the amazing amount of things I've put off for years in favor of bike riding and BMW MOA obligations. No wonder this place is a mess! :) Also, a good movie each night for R&R.

I've been spending lots of time in my workshop/garage. This week I've focused mainly on a woodworking project - an arts and crafts style floor lamp. Next week I figure I'll get going on bike servicing to get them ready for riding. Still haven't had enough warm weather to thaw the glacier in the alley blocking my exit from the garage.

Cleaning
MOA, RS and Rider's Pace Forums
Reading
Bicycle when warm and dry enough
Serviced the riding mower
Scanned old pictures
Yard work
Threw old some old useless stuff. Stuff that people would say WTF did they save that stuff for after both of us die.
Reorganized my map case and threw out a couple dozen old highway maps.
Going through the Adventure Rider picture forum and replacing pictures that disappeared when I-BMW closed unexpectedly. I used I-BMW as my photo sharing site.
Mailed our Schuberth C4 helmets in to have C4 Pro mics installed, then multiple emails to get everything paired correctly :) (The two guys in California are always helpful)
Watch Netflix at night.

I'm a musician and play professionally in a couple of bands. Of course, all of our gigs have been cancelled, so I'm getting in a LOT of fiddle, guitar and mandolin practice at home.

I've ordered a few farkles for the bikes to support companies I like and plan to spend some garage time on installation.

The local ski mountain (Mt. Bachelor) closed prematurely, so I've been getting exercise with low risk backcountry skiing combined with trail running.

Of course, there's Netflix and Amazon Prime...

Been sorting some old clothes. Sure they still fit but at this point are just wrong :eek
Off to Goodwill when conditions allow.
OM

Working on a shop improvement plan. I built a 400 sq/ft loft in the unheated side last summer. This year I am enclosing the space under the loft so it can be heated. In the process of wiring the ceiling for lighting then will frame in the one new wall required. Annie is the insulator and mud/taper for the drywall. This space will serve as a tire changing area and machine shop (I do not have many such tools and barely know how to avoid hurting myself with what I have). I can also roll in one of my lifts that will hold the Urals so I have a warm area to work on them in the winter. I will not keep it heated all the time, but this will give us around 1500 sq/ft of heated space when added to the area that is already heated.

This shows the new loft:

IMG_1459.jpg

Been sorting some old clothes. Sure they still fit but at this point are just wrong :eek
Off to Goodwill when conditions allow.
OM

I do this about once a year. The church has a rerun shop that makes good money from stuff people bring in.

What To Do

If you have dish satellite tv in case Great Falls is a No Go watch channel 199 one of the places I planned to visit

Working on a shop improvement plan. I built a 400 sq/ft loft in the unheated side last summer. This year I am enclosing the space under the loft so it can be heated. In the process of wiring the ceiling for lighting then will frame in the one new wall required. Annie is the insulator and mud/taper for the drywall. This space will serve as a tire changing area and machine shop (I do not have many such tools and barely know how to avoid hurting myself with what I have). I can also roll in one of my lifts that will hold the Urals so I have a warm area to work on them in the winter. I will not keep it heated all the time, but this will give us around 1500 sq/ft of heated space when added to the area that is already heated.

This shows the new loft:

View attachment 77738

Magnificent :clap :clap
om

Sewing projects like making Roman blinds and masks. A little plumbing fix ongoing and getting ready to tap maple trees. Just bottled another batch off beer yesterday and have 4 bikes that need different things.

I might be going back to work next week which is good but will prevent more projects.

This shows the new loft:

View attachment 77738

What is that green and yellow thing. We don't haave those down here. :)

Back