• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

R1250RT Fairing removal schematics?

RedCanoe

In the process of adding some extras to my new 2019 R1250RT and it would be really beneficial if BMW had schematics for the removal of the fairing pieces that shows all the anchor points and the type of Torx screw bolts required for each location, it's a pain in the rear end to have to bag and tag each panels bolt assortment.

Has anybody come across schematics for the R1250 bikes or a service manual?

I tried talking to the service manager at my local dealer, but he said they're not available at this time, you would think BMW must have these for manufacturing.

Anyone with any insight on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Search this forum for a thread on "Tupperware screws locations" (I believe that's the thread title). Post 18 has a 12-page PDF attached which shows the locations for each and every screw holding your Tupperware in place. Pair that with Jim Van den Berg's excellent YouTube videos on removing the Tupperware to change out the air filter and you'll see the right order and the right order/method to remove each panel.

Good luck!

This is for a R1200RT but they're almost identical.

Attachments

• R1200RRT Body Panel Guide2 copy.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 199
I remove the screws from each panel, drop them in a small zip lock back and tape the bag to the inside of the panel. It is fairly obvious which screw goes in each hole.

Search this forum for a thread on "Tupperware screws locations" (I believe that's the thread title). Post 18 has a 12-page PDF attached which shows the locations for each and every screw holding your Tupperware in place. Pair that with Jim Van den Berg's excellent YouTube videos on removing the Tupperware to change out the air filter and you'll see the right order and the right order/method to remove each panel.

Good luck!

Thank you

I remove the screws from each panel, drop them in a small zip lock back and tape the bag to the inside of the panel. It is fairly obvious which screw goes in each hole.

That's what I was doing, bag & tag, but it's too time-consuming, pictures tell a thousand words.

Hi. New to RTs. Just sold my beloved custom Harley FLHX and got a mars red 1250. I want to remove the front upper fairing pcs so i can get rid of the antenna. I found the two screws on the bottom inside leading edge but am unsure of next steps. Is it all pins from here? I tried to pull the panel away from the bike while holding rear section in place to protect tabs i expect to be there but it wont pop.

I found the excellent sheets (12) at post 18 of the Tupperware screw locations thread but it does not appear to have the front pieces.

Any guidance on removing these pieces would be appreciated?

Thanks in advance.

Check the boxflyer videos on youtube. He does it on a R1200RT but the tupperware is the same.
You have to be very careful with the front panels. There are screws, gromets, "velcro type" strip and small tabs that are easy to break.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=R0UhPhg5MvI

The ilium works video on how to install the front crash bars also shows how to remove the front panels. (This one is on a R1250RT)

https://www.iliumworks.com/BMW_Motorcycle_Accessories.cfm?pn=34%2D200BL&pID=153&pn=34%2D200BL&pID=153

Back