• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Weekly Digest Post (3/23/20)

jtharris

In the most recent Weekly Digest a photo was posted by or of Ron Durkin. Someone in the photo is giving the photographer 'the finger'. I don't think such an obscene thing should be allowed to be posted. If the 'fingurer' is that upset or does not like and/or appreciate his and his motorcycle photo being taken, perhaps it should be deleted. If the person in the photo is a member and refuses to stop posting/displaying such obscenities, then maybe he should be blocked or otherwise not allowed on the forum. Thank you for your otherwise timely posting summaries.

In the most recent Weekly Digest a photo was posted by or of Ron Durkin. Someone in the photo is giving the photographer 'the finger'. I don't think such an obscene thing should be allowed to be posted. If the 'fingurer' is that upset or does not like and/or appreciate his and his motorcycle photo being taken, perhaps it should be deleted. If the person in the photo is a member and refuses to stop posting/displaying such obscenities, then maybe he should be blocked or otherwise not allowed on the forum. Thank you for your otherwise timely posting summaries.

Where is this?
OM

I If the 'fingurer' is that upset or does not like and/or appreciate his and his motorcycle photo being taken, perhaps it should be deleted. .

He's laughing or smiling in the picture.
Probably telling a friend he's number one :)

I think I will pass on looking for it :dunno

OM

I have trouble navigating that part of the website. If I try to click on a post I usually get a message like I don't have access or I'm not connected to that member.
I have to admit I don't try very hard to navigate the site.

Gestures

Would you define what holding up that finger means? I would like to know what you are so mortally offended about!

Would you define what holding up that finger means? I would like to know what you are so mortally offended about!

The guy in the photo must be Italian; I think it’s Italian for “Mercedes Wins Again!”

But I could be wrong...
:)

DeVern

Gestures

The gentleman is an airhead he is merely stating airheads are the best in his opinion

DA248F77-887A-49E9-9FE6-9F3F4F6C7E13.jpeg

The other gentlemen thinks they are #2

Last edited:

Is this for real? This is a forum for ADULTS. Even if I found the photo objectionable, I would just shake my head and move on to the next post.

It's pretty obvious that the guys are having some fun and the finger is not expressing hostility.
Obscenity is in the behind of the holder.

Exactly! My buddy gets a kick out of it when we pull up to a stop light and he looks over and I give him the finger out of the blue.

Joking around, I see no issues. Heck the last place I worked it got to be known as the company salute! I would walk into a job site and there would be 3-4 guys popping the "bird" to me when I walked in the door. I haven't worked there for years and I run across one of the guys from time to time and we give each other the good old company salute!

I also understand we all don't come from the same backgrounds. Some people are quite a bit more reserved, some are hell bent on destruction. We have to meet in the middle some where. I am sure there are people here from the Hells Angels to God fearing bible thumpers. We have to met in the middle of the bell curve somewhere.

Back