• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Keyless ignition: Being able to just run accessories on my R1250RT

cereed0419

Hi Guys,

My RT has keyless ignition. When I press the button, the lights turn on, all accessories, and it sounds like the fuel pump turns on and stays on until you crank it or turn it off. I believe the lights eventually turn off but it appears the noise made by the fuel pump never cuts off. Is there some way to just turn on the accessories similar to a car ignition? Thanks, Craig

The fuel pump will shut off unless you crank the engine over. You won't hurt anything by leaving the ignition on, other than drain the battery.

I feel your pain. One of the very few things I would change on my '18 RT is adding some sort of "aux" position or command so I could raise the windscreen for cleaning without having all the rest of the electrics on.

i guess one would have to classify this as a "first world" problem.

Ride long and prosper!

Back