Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: new Harley Davidson

AZrider

new Harley Davidson

Just read in BMWMOA mag April "Hard to Believe" by Bill Wiegand that BMW has acquired Harley Davidson. He sez it's rumor but makes sense and BMW will announce next week. And by the way next week is April 1. Any comments?
    R1200GSW 2019

Sneak peak at the Harley boxer, designed with BMW's influence -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harley-Davidson_XA

Whenever I see these HD Boxer stories, I lament the lack of interest in the Indian 841. But, of course, the whole HD-branding thing has been a marketing marvel for several decades.
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

That would be the ummmm APRIL issue...yeah...a "fact" can't be a rumor . Happy April

Quote Originally Posted by 40624 View Post
    Just read in BMWMOA mag April "Hard to Believe" by Bill Wiegand that BMW has acquired Harley Davidson. He sez it's rumor but makes sense and BMW will announce next week. And by the way next week is April 1. Any comments?
    That story is a red herring to draw attention away from the real background activity going on now to finish up the purchase of BMW AG by the BMW MOA. This is going to be the motorcycle story of the century when BMW becomes customer-owned! Some things you will likely see:

1. The dropping of Intellectual Property restrictions on the BMW logo for Chartered Clubs to allow a return to the wildcat days of crazy club logos.

2. Really BIG discounts on new bikes for BMW MOA members! (EX: A free new BMW with every Lifetime Membership.)

3. A massive internal engineering project to perfect shaft-drive technology in time for the 100th Anniversary of the introduction of the R32.

4. Changes to bike dealership requirements to encourage hundreds of new "mom-and-pop" small dealerships.

..and...

5. The return of a modern Airhead!

Stand by for the big announcement!!!!
    Greg Feeler
    Ambassador & amateur K-Bike collector, it seems
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

It's a smoke screen¡

This is to distract everyone while Ural finishes pulling together financing to buy BMW Motorrad.

Quote Originally Posted by 40624 View Post
    To me, it's an April Fool's article. I speak German and the name SCHNITZELHAGENDAZ (supposed BMW Board Member) would be one hint, I'm a gullible person, but a good friend [though Honda rider ] cautioned me about believing this... I'll be looking for other comments, guys!

Quote Originally Posted by belgrano121544 View Post
    To me, it's an April Fool's article. I speak German and the name SCHNITZELHAGENDAZ (supposed BMW Board Member) would be one hint, I'm a gullible person, but a good friend [though Honda rider ] cautioned me about believing this... I'll be looking for other comments, guys!
    duh...
    MOA #107139
    RA #28511

Quote Originally Posted by azgman View Post
    duh...

Be nice...
    MOA #46783

Quote Originally Posted by Motodan View Post
    Be nice...
    I quite agree. Be nice. If you wan to be a dick, start a motor oil thread.

Quote Originally Posted by pgeorgiades View Post
    I quite agree. Be nice. If you wan to be a dick, start a motor oil thread.
    Is HD branded oil as good as BMW branded Advantec?
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

I noticed nobody mentioned the article on the wood burning topbox.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    That was a hoax too?????? Cr*p!!!!!
    No Matter Where I went, There I was...

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I ordered one. It was only $2,999.99 and they said it never needs to be refilled! It's on backorder though due to the Corona virus but they said it would ship "sometime real soon" and offered me a special deal on a Timeshare to make up for it.

How great is that!!!
    '13 R1200RT 90th Anniversary Edition

Quote Originally Posted by belgrano121544 View Post
    I just skimmed the piece the first time I read it and thought "WOW!". Sat down later with a little more time and caught the "Schnitzelhagendaz" part. I'm not fluent, but I did spend nearly 5 years living in Germany, and despite their affection for turning sentences into single words, I can't believe Schnitzelhagendaz. Well played Mr. Wiegand, the article was otherwise pretty convincing.