• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

new Harley Davidson

AZrider
Just read in BMWMOA mag April "Hard to Believe" by Bill Wiegand that BMW has acquired Harley Davidson. He sez it's rumor but makes sense and BMW will announce next week. And by the way next week is April 1. Any comments?

Whenever I see these HD Boxer stories, I lament the lack of interest in the Indian 841. But, of course, the whole HD-branding thing has been a marketing marvel for several decades.

Just read in BMWMOA mag April "Hard to Believe" by Bill Wiegand that BMW has acquired Harley Davidson. He sez it's rumor but makes sense and BMW will announce next week. And by the way next week is April 1. Any comments?

That story is a red herring to draw attention away from the real background activity going on now to finish up the purchase of BMW AG by the BMW MOA. This is going to be the motorcycle story of the century when BMW becomes customer-owned! Some things you will likely see:

1. The dropping of Intellectual Property restrictions on the BMW logo for Chartered Clubs to allow a return to the wildcat days of crazy club logos.

2. Really BIG discounts on new bikes for BMW MOA members! (EX: A free new BMW with every Lifetime Membership.)

3. A massive internal engineering project to perfect shaft-drive technology in time for the 100th Anniversary of the introduction of the R32.

4. Changes to bike dealership requirements to encourage hundreds of new "mom-and-pop" small dealerships.

..and...

5. The return of a modern Airhead!

Stand by for the big announcement!!!!

It's a smoke screen¡

This is to distract everyone while Ural finishes pulling together financing to buy BMW Motorrad.

To me, it's an April Fool's article. I speak German and the name SCHNITZELHAGENDAZ (supposed BMW Board Member) would be one hint, I'm a gullible person, but a good friend [though Honda rider :(] cautioned me about believing this... I'll be looking for other comments, guys!

To me, it's an April Fool's article. I speak German and the name SCHNITZELHAGENDAZ (supposed BMW Board Member) would be one hint, I'm a gullible person, but a good friend [though Honda rider :(] cautioned me about believing this... I'll be looking for other comments, guys!

duh...

I noticed nobody mentioned the article on the wood burning topbox.

I ordered one. It was only $2,999.99 and they said it never needs to be refilled! It's on backorder though due to the Corona virus but they said it would ship "sometime real soon" and offered me a special deal on a Timeshare to make up for it.

How great is that!!!

I just skimmed the piece the first time I read it and thought "WOW!". Sat down later with a little more time and caught the "Schnitzelhagendaz" part. I'm not fluent, but I did spend nearly 5 years living in Germany, and despite their affection for turning sentences into single words, I can't believe Schnitzelhagendaz. Well played Mr. Wiegand, the article was otherwise pretty convincing.

I think the BMW Vs Harley rivalry is hilarious.
I've ridden various Harley's, never owned one.
There noisy, vibrate like crazy, have low seats, are comfortable, go when you twist your right wrist, and are fun as hell!
And they happen to corner OK.
Thats my take- on this lockdown, boring as can be day.
Nick

They're, um, idling excess production capacity. Originally because they had a COVID-19 case at the plant, but combine that with management turmoil and declining sales, and they're hurting. I wouldn't count them out but some tough times are coming.

Relative to a year ago, HD stock is down 53%. In comparison, the DJIA is down 9%. Yep, they have problems. Just like Ford, GM and Fiat-Chrysler. The shock prices of all four have followed the same trend, underperforming the DJIA.

Is HD branded oil as good as BMW branded Advantec?

Yes, just as good even better, but only on cylinders separated by 90 degrees or less. BMW's oil is superior on 180 degree units. This came out of a Consumer Reports survey, so 100% accurate.

Back