• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

American Made Deerskin and Leather Gloves 25% off ....

I just got my deerskin gauntlet gloves. These are very well made and fit very well. The owner himself answered the phone. I will be ordering from this small company again!

I also received the Gauntlet Deerskin gloves.

Very nice and if they last 2 1/2 to 3 yrs they will be great especially at the sale price. They certainly look to have the potential to go the distance. Time will tell.

Never had a pair of good deerskin gloves last longer than 3 years. I even made a pair from some “brain tanned deerskin” that was GREAT but thin so they only lasted 2 years. Should have doubled the palms on those. Only got 2 1/2 good years out of Lee Parks gloves.

I’m very pleased. Thanks to the OP for posting this companies product.

Charlie

I also received the elk-skin gloves I'd ordered. The fit was perfect. I'm now using "Leather Honey" on them to insure long life and water resistance. A very nice product from a small manufacturer in Bend, OR.

I also received the elk-skin gloves I'd ordered. The fit was perfect. I'm now using "Leather Honey" on them to insure long life and water resistance. A very nice product from a small manufacturer in Bend, OR.

Never heard of Leather Honey but will check it out. Thanks for the tip :thumb

Never heard of Leather Honey but will check it out. Thanks for the tip :thumb

It was recommended by the glove maker. I found it at Advance Auto parts for $18.99 - 20% if you use the code "CARE" at checkout.

AdvanceAuto.png

Leather Honey

I thought Leather Honey was a product that made a taste of the strap more palatable :scratch

Who knew that it’s a person working the Fargo, Vegas Circuit! (I say person because on the Vegas to Fargo Circuit you never know maybe she maybe not )

I thought Leather Honey was a product that made a taste of the strap more palatable :scratch

Who knew that it’s a person working the Fargo, Vegas Circuit! (I say person because on the Vegas to Fargo Circuit you never know maybe she maybe not )

Did a search for Leather Honey and got this ?? :dunno

d1caf2cc6d2e09f39a9c25f2f5bef391.jpg

Wife just received her pair of deerskin gauntlet gloves from Sullivans. She likes hers just as well as I like mine. We are very happy to have discovered this company!

Just received my pair

Well-made product, great leather and fits very well but the discount code did not work.

I decided to buy, to support local businesses anyway, and am pleased with the result!

Thanks for sharing!

After reading the positive feedback here and also knowing the 25% emergency discount had expired I reached out to Jake at Sullivan and he has developed a 10% discount count for all BMW Riders. You can just enter BMW10 at checkout.

He is truly appreciative of the support from the BMW riders!

Talked to the owner this morning. Ordered the thermlo deeskin guantlet gloves in tan. Very accommodating as others have mentioned. He's VERY aware of this site and appreciates our business. I measured a 9 on their chart, but he recommended the 8 in deeskin, so ordered what he recommended as he also is a 9 but wears an 8, said it would fit perfect. :thumb

Got the thermlow gauntlet deerskin gloves this morning. Excellent execution, the thumb and little finger are a tad longer than my fingers so I'll soak them up to the start of the gauntlet and ride till they dry tomorrow morning.

:thumb

I may be missing these in their catalogue but do these folks make any gloves with built-in protection? Knuckles, wrist, fingers. Seems like it wouldn't be too hard to incorporate this into their existing line.

I may be missing these in their catalogue but do these folks make any gloves with built-in protection? Knuckles, wrist, fingers. Seems like it wouldn't be too hard to incorporate this into their existing line.

If they did, they would no longer be made 2.5-3 ounce leather, they'd have to be thicker. Aerostich makes these, but they are a lot thicker. I'd not prefer the deerskin gloves be any thicker than they are myself. But here's an option if you must have extra protection https://www.aerostich.com/luxury-deerskin-summer-gloves.html

If they did, they would no longer be made 2.5-3 ounce leather, they'd have to be thicker. Aerostich makes these, but they are a lot thicker. I'd not prefer the deerskin gloves be any thicker than they are myself. But here's an option if you must have extra protection https://www.aerostich.com/luxury-deerskin-summer-gloves.html

I would shoot Jake Peterson a note and if they don't have what you are needing he may very well be able to make them. They do make a glove with addition layer in the palm.

Back