• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

American Made Deerskin and Leather Gloves 25% off ....

gsinnc

Just passing this along. The Sullivan Glove Company is an Oregon based glove company that makes some quality deerskin and leather gloves. They sent me the following for 25% off. A great opportunity to help out a small US based Company.

Promo code is 25OFF and pretty sure there is free shipping. Just passing along!

25% OFF THE ENTIRE SITE

700x140.png

25% OFF THE ENTIRE SITE​

We are discounting the entire online store to try and keep employees working to support their families during this COVID-19 crisis. If you need a new pair or pairs of gloves, now is a good time to pick some up on sale and help keep American families working through these tough times. We believe that small business is the backbone of this country and every day we go to work making great gloves we display our patriotism. If you love your Sullivan gloves, please share this promo code with family and friends!
Sullivan Glove Co :: US Made :: Bend, OR

Continuing the "made in America" theme while also trying not to Hijack or undermine the OP: The other company that make leather (deerskin as wll as Elk) also manufactures in USA; in fact he has a "made in USA" drop down with three pages of product he sells that's domestically produced). I have had a pair of Lee's gauntlet gloves for 10 years and other than some fading they continue to perform flawlessly- they do appear to be considerably more expensive than the Sullivans but there are many possible explanations for that!

I wear deerskin gloves purchased at tractor supply. I buy the medium and soak them, then ride till they have form fitted to my hands. Another duplicate pair that are extra large, so I can insert cotton gloves as liners for the colder weather.

Once you go deerskin or elkskin, it's hard to go back to any other leather gloves IMO.

I wear deerskin gloves purchased at tractor supply. I buy the medium and soak them, then ride till they have form fitted to my hands. Another duplicate pair that are extra large, so I can insert cotton gloves as liners for the colder weather.

Once you go deerskin or elkskin, it's hard to go back to any other leather gloves IMO.

Totally agree! And while I used to buy the Tractor Supply type I have moved to the American made just to support the US Companies. But either way deerskin is my preference.

They're nice looking gloves. It would be great if they had some form of cinch strap at the wrist to keep the glove from pulling forward.

WOW ... GREAT!

The Company is super appreciative of the orders from BMW riders.

God Bless America!

I ordered some elk-skin gloves this morning and about an hour later Jake Peterson wrote me an email thanking me for the purchase. He also asked if I'd had Sullivan gloves before. Nice fella and I'm glad to help...especially a company from Oregon.

They're nice looking gloves. It would be great if they had some form of cinch strap at the wrist to keep the glove from pulling forward.

On the Sullivan site there are quite a few options with various types of cinch straps.

Worth taking a look.

deerskin-gloves-254x203.jpg

Product274_lg-254x203.jpg

Gloves-Made-in-USA-254x203.jpg

motorcycle-gloves-made-in-usa-254x203.jpg

Rappel-Glove-254x203.jpg

motorcycle-gloves-made-in-usa_-254x203.jpg

I bought a pair of Deerskin gloves, today, with a 4 1/2” gauntlet for $50+ and free shipping.

I sure miss my Thurlow gloves of yesteryear. You know u have a good pair of gloves when you leave your helmet on the bike and take your gloves inside at stops.

If these gloves turn out like they should, they may put a dent in Lee Parks gaunleted gloves, if they are still around.

Charlie

I bought a pair of Deerskin gloves, today, with a 4 1/2” gauntlet for $50+ and free shipping.

I sure miss my Thurlow gloves of yesteryear. You know u have a good pair of gloves when you leave your helmet on the bike and take your gloves inside at stops.

If these gloves turn out like they should, they may put a dent in Lee Parks gaunleted gloves, if they are still around.

Charlie

Lee Parks is around. I’d love to hear an opinion of someone who has both company’s gloves. Sometimes price really is an indication of quality- sometimes not. Also someone who only has one may think it’s great till he tries on a really nice whatever- car bike glove sock- you name it!

I posted this info on four other m/c forums and if people are buying as much as they say they are, then the Sullivan Glove Company is seeing a spike in their sales. I exchanged a few emails with the owner, Jake Peterson; good guy.

Last edited:
Jake is very responsive. Supporting a US company (Bend, OR) in hard times is always a good thing.

Back