• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Wunderlich Protection Bars for RT

Wunderlich and BMW Discount Dealer

I ended up ordering the black Wunderlich rear crash bars because I liked their style the bus and extra functionality the best. I also ordered the BMW stick on side case protectors while I was at it. They seem to add a nice look to the cases.

I ordered the parts from an Wunderlich and BMW dealer that I found on eBay. He is an authorized dealer and gets the parts directly from Wunderlich and BMW. I ordered the additional BMW part outside of eBay from him. No issues.

He provided good communications and service, hence I decided to go for it. The dealer is located in the UK, but the DHL shipping charge to the USA was less than the domestic Wunderlich America shipping charge. Also, the UK retail price is about $125 less than the Wunderlich retail price. The savings was worth it not to mention that the Wunderlich America dealer didn't have the parts in stock.

The BMW stick on case side protection strips were also about $60 less for the pair than the BMW dealer including the shipping. He was able to put them in the same box for shipping.

Just thought I let you guys know if you wanted to avoid being gouged by the USA markup on top of the already marked up EU prices.

His Ebay contact was Sycamore Motorrad, and from the billing statement looks like he has an email of a.neal@sycamoremotorcycles.co.uk, Tel 01572 823296
I tried contacting some other EU dealers. but either no reply, high shipping, or they won't ship to USA (because Wunderlich doesn't want their USA dealer to lose their monopoly)

p.s. for the front engine crash bars, I'll probably go with Ilium bars.

. I also ordered the BMW stick on side case protectors .

I didn't know BMW sold stick on case protectors for the new bikes.
Do you have pictures or a link?
When we had 2003 K1200RSs we had rubber protectors on the panniers lids that were sold by BMW.

I didn't know BMW sold stick on case protectors for the new bikes.
Do you have pictures or a link?
When we had 2003 K1200RSs we had rubber protectors on the panniers lids that were sold by BMW.

Sorry, I might not have used the correct name of them. Maybe it’s the same as what you are thinking

Here are some links to them, they are $134 per side in the USA, $268 for both sides. Actually the price from the UK dealer with DHL shipping to USA was $218 for the pair.

https://beemerparts.com/product/bmw...200rt-1250rt-k1600gt-k1600gtl/?v=7516fd43adaa

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle...MItoTv64OZ8wIVU9KzCh3cEQzdEAQYASABEgLuJfD_BwE

Sorry, I might not have used the correct name of them. Maybe it’s the same as what you are thinking

Here are some links to them, they are $134 per side in the USA, $268 for both sides. Actually the price from the UK dealer with DHL shipping to USA was $218 for the pair.

https://beemerparts.com/product/bmw...200rt-1250rt-k1600gt-k1600gtl/?v=7516fd43adaa

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle...MItoTv64OZ8wIVU9KzCh3cEQzdEAQYASABEgLuJfD_BwE

That looks similar to what we had on the K1200RS except the new ones are plastic instead of rubber.
I wonder if they sell ones that fit the R1200RS/R lids?

Wunderlich and BMW parts Discount Dealer for USA

I received my Wunderlich rear pannier crash protection bars and the BMW stick-on side case protectors today! Photos below

I ordered it from an authorized BMW and Wunderlich dealer in the UK that I found on eBay, Sycamore Motorrad (a.neal@sycamoremotorcycles.co.uk). He didn't list the BMW protectors on Ebay, but I just ordered it from him on the side and he added it to the same box with no additional shipping charge.

Total price was a lot less than ordering from the Wunderlich America dealer. The BMW parts were also a lot less than buying from the USA BMW dealer. The shipping change was only 20 GBP ($28 USD). I almost wonder if Ebay made a mistake as this is very cheap shipping for DHL international express.

Amazing, he shipped the order after a couple of days by DHL express on Monday, and I received the package in USA from the UK just 2 days later, on Wednesday! There was no import or customs duty taxes. Everything is brand new, authentic, and in perfect condition.

The Wunderlich bars do seem to be very high quality and even came in nice strong re-usable sacks.

Photos:

IMG_5833.jpgIMG_5834.jpgIMG_5835.jpgIMG_5832.JPG

Back