• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Tips and considerations during this time of National Emergency

Status
Not open for further replies.
The missus read something like 60 million locked down in India.

Here one person came back and went to a funeral and so far 4 cases directly linked to that. We went from 27 to 64 overnight.

Stay home!

Our county has its first, a sixty year old female believed to come from travels. We are pretty spread out compared to neighboring counties which include cities of Austin, Round Rock, and SanAntonio. Expect that to jump any day now even with shelter restrictions in play since midnight in all of the mentioned

204CCAAF-73DD-4B31-9794-613F383A04BF.jpeg

As of yesterday here is the number of confirmed cases by county in Iowa.
We're in the 2nd tier of counties from the south and 4th county from the west.

Screenshot_20200325-145809.jpg

For Iowa members here's the Iowa website. Looks like they update it in the afternoon.
https://coronavirus.iowa.gov/

Lee,

What is the reason for the "kink" in the 4 and 6th tier (from the south) counties?

Speculation here, but I'd say its a type of correction line. If you drive rural roads around here they are laid out on a grid pattern and every so many miles the north south roads have a correction line where the road shifts over to compensate for the diminishing distance between the lines of longtitude. Those look like a larger scale version of the same thing.

Speculation here, but I'd say its a type of correction line. If you drive rural roads around here they are laid out on a grid pattern and every so many miles the north south roads have a correction line where the road shifts over to compensate for the diminishing distance between the lines of longtitude. Those look like a larger scale version of the same thing.

I misunderstood the question and thought he meant why the larger numbers of cases on those tiers. I believe mcmxcivrs is correct in his explanation; I was told the same thing by a friend from SE South Dakota.

That would be the best guess. Roads are usually every mile on the section lines.
On the 4th tier they jog 2 to 2.5 miles and on the 6th tier they jog 3 to 3.5 miles.

As I watch the news......I see many with (rubber) gloves on going about their tasks. While this is fine, there is a big difference in (rubber) gloves for infection protection and gloves you would wear for skiing.
If one is to wear (rubber) gloves to protect their hands and then touch everything you would normally touch like- door handles, steering wheel, phone.....what is the point?
Try to think cross-contamination and what you are trying to protect and why. And for those that take a bag into the rest-room with you, that floor looks iffy :eek
especially if the next stop is the car seat and then the kitchen counter/table :eek
Be careful out there.
OM

Interstate 80

Probably not the Interstate since the counties were laid out and established in the 1800's. But that was a good guess. My guess is "politics". Certain powers that be probably felt the need to encompass certain communities in their county. I could only substantiate this by looking at where in those enlarged counties certain towns might be.

I wore rubber gloves to the grocery store. Put the groceries except a few items for the freezer in the trunk of the car, there to reside for several days before bringing them into the house. Then peeled of the gloves and put them in the trash in front of the store and dowsed and scrubbed my hands with sanitizer before entering the car. Then wiped down door handles, steering wheel, shift lever etc. just because I could. Once home we changed clothes in the carport and stuck the clothes we wore to town in the washer. Once washed they can hang on the line for a few days. At 75 with COPD I can't be two careful short of just not going anywhere. This time I bought some canned fruits and vegetables so probably won't need to leave the property again for a month or so. I probably will go for a ride but won't have to interact with anybody while doing so.

That would be the best guess. Roads are usually every mile on the section lines.
On the 4th tier they jog 2 to 2.5 miles and on the 6th tier they jog 3 to 3.5 miles.

The only problem I have with the "road" explanation is ..........I'm guessing the county lines predate the roads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back