• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Tips and considerations during this time of National Emergency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good advice, maybe, but with a factor to think about. I am 75 years old with COPD, but the concern applies to everybody. If I go to the grocery store every week instead of, for example, every two weeks I double my opportunity to come in contact with the virus. Where we live "normal" shopping would be to go to Alpine maybe every couple of weeks.

As it now stands we don't intend to leave our property except for emergencies or truly essential purposes. And we could easily stay here for 6 or 8 weeks with no anticipated need to leave. When we run out of eggs, I'll just eat Spam for breakfast. :)

I agree with Paul that fewer trips to grocery stores are a significant way of reducing your exposure. Everyone is going to go for food, even when they should stay home if they don't have anyone else to get it for them, so I think grocery stores are one of the riskiest places you can go.

Safety

This may have already posted but remember the government said the alcohol based sanittizers need to be at least 60% alcohol, so remember that is 120 proof

This may have already posted but remember the government said the alcohol based sanittizers need to be at least 60% alcohol, so remember that is 120 proof

I'm thinking 141 Rum is probably a good multi-purpose cleanser of mind and body.:dance

Iowans are staying home.
Traffic count on the highways is down 50%.
Commercial traffic is the same as one year ago.

Floridians are staying home but New Yorkers are coming to visit. Oh my.

Yes, they mentioned in the press briefing yesterday all the people leaving NYC would be a problem.
The people in NYC are 8 to 10 time more likely to have the virus.
Hopefully the people who leave the city stay inside for 2 weeks once they arrive at their destination.
You still have the problem of them spreading the virus during travel.

And the urbanites running to their cabins and other rural areas are overwhelming the rural resources in healthcare, food etc. This is happening all over the world. Norway has outlawed urbanites leaving their homes and other areas are stepping up. Not so much here yet but hopefully someone gets on it. We see the people from the city running out here taking our resources.

Yes, they mentioned in the press briefing yesterday all the people leaving NYC would be a problem.
The people in NYC are 8 to 10 time more likely to have the virus.
Hopefully the people who leave the city stay inside for 2 weeks once they arrive at their destination.
You still have the problem of them spreading the virus during travel.

They said that there were 130 flights a day from New York to Florida. So what about everybody else stuck on the airplane with a few infected folks? Or the poor folks at the gas stations if the New Yorkers decided to escape by car? On the other hand, if I thought I was stuck in a death trap I might seek to escape too.

Here on Cape Cod they are coming full speed, and they want their summer homes water turned on NOW!! We are running a skeleton crew for emergencies only, and this does not make them happy.:fight

Here on Cape Cod they are coming full speed, and they want their summer homes water turned on NOW!! We are running a skeleton crew for emergencies only, and this does not make them happy.:fight

Hopefully they will at least “crack” the window of their BMW/Mercedes while they are screaming at your guys to “hurry up”. :banghead
OM

That is very funny!!
Fortunately all the stores down here have instituted a policy of no return on anything bought during this crisis. Publix used to take just about anything back and refund people for even half eaten sandwiches etc but no more. People now have to keep what they bought...:dance
So those 500 rolls of TP you hoarded are yours forever...

After the spring break festivities, you think the New Yorkers are your problem? A lot of colleges up here shutdown for the remainder of the semester during Spring break to prevent the return of infected students.

Last edited:
I'd just close up shop no Cape Cod and tell them all to go home

Brewster County, Texas ordered all motels, hotels, RV parks, campgrounds, and vacation rental properties closed and vacated. To account for snowbirds spending the winter as opposed to tourists or others passing through, persons who had been here for at least 14 days prior to the declaration were allowed to stay, as were military, law enforcement, medical and a few other categories of essential personnel. To the rest the county said please go home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back