• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Tips and considerations during this time of National Emergency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stay home. Stop it from spreading so our health care system can keep up. Be well, be awesome. We'll get through this by working together. This time, it means Netflix and chill.

100% agreed. This should be the #1 thing on everyone's agenda right now.

With that, stay hydrated and get plenty of exercise. I personally have a treadmill and Schwinn Airdyne in the basement to keep me moving, but you don't need equipment to stay fit. Go for walks or work outside, the sunshine will do you good and improve your outlook on life. Keep your distance from others, and scrub those hands as needed.

Forget the handshakes. The elbow bump appears to be popular, I feel you are too close to others if you are bumping elbows.

Folks, this is serious. Let's all do our part to beat this thing. We can do it, but it's going to take perseverance on our part. In time, we can say "we did it". But we need to do it together.

Stay safe.

If you get to a grocery store, a look at the spice rack can help you put a little flavor in your food.
OM

1 Go for walks or work outside, the sunshine will do you good and improve your outlook on life. Keep your distance from others,
Stay safe.

Sounds like Californians can't go for walks unless they go to the grocery store or pharmacy. Kbasa is this correct?

I like how Iowa did it with the statewide closing of places like bars, restaurants, gyms, theaters and have a limit of 10 people in one place inside or outside.
We can still do things outside as long as we don't gather in groups.
Now if the weather would just warm up and dry out a bit.

Please stay home. Lawrence, Kansas, the home of the University of Kansas, just got its first confirmed case of Covid 19: A 20 year old yoyo spring breaker just back from frolicking on the beach in Florida. I hope he didn't stop to see his grandmother on the way home. :banghead

Please stay home. Lawrence, Kansas, the home of the University of Kansas, just got its first confirmed case of Covid 19: A 20 year old yoyo spring breaker just back from frolicking on the beach in Florida. I hope he didn't stop to see his grandmother on the way home. :banghead

In PA, one side of the political spectrum is trying to take the non-essential business shutdown to court as illegal. Proving stupid isn't limited to 20yo's in college

One reason the Iowa Governor closed bars was the young crowd were ignoring the warnings.

It's crazy seeing the pictures of the spring breakers in Florida. I think they finally closed most of the beaches but it was a little too late.

When I go to one of our grocery stores and Walmart I use the self checkout.
This helps you avoid standing close to others in a checkout line.

In the past I have always used the self check at both stores because I hate standing in line.

When I go to one of our grocery stores and Walmart I use the self checkout.
This helps you avoid standing close to others in a checkout line.

In the past I have always used the self check at both stores because I hate standing in line.

Self checkout certainly has advantages. In the past I have however avoided using it because it kills jobs. Just my own little protest I guess. Now in the "health emergency" I might use it if I even ever was in a store that used it. At the moment it also protects store clerks from the masses.

While using self checkouts, ATM’s, gas stations and other self-serve/self entry touch-pads, it’s good to remember that they are touch pads. Using whatever precautions you can will probably help.
OM

While using self checkouts, ATM’s, gas stations and other self-serve/self entry touch-pads, it’s good to remember that they are touch pads. Using whatever precautions you can will probably help.
OM

And every item I pick up off the shelf so I make sure to clean my hands at my car and again at my house.

Another good thing with self check is a store checker does not have to touch every item I purchase.

The box of nitrile gloves from my garage is now in the car. I use a fresh pair at the gas pump or store, and they go in a plastic bag after use, ready to be re-used in a week or two.

I seem to remember an old saying that went something like-
“Before you die your going to eat a peck of dirt”.
The problem with this “enemy” is that you can’t tell if it’s there, has been there, has come and gone or has been defeated at a specific encounter.
Before this “episode” most (seemed) to just go about their day. No gloves, masks or sanitizer........and for the most part faired well.
This is a new “enemy” that requires a different tactic.
OM

This isn’t mankind’s first encounter with a disease that seemed insurmountable. Some, many, most of the members here probably remember the polio scare, grandparents who lived through the Spanish Flu and recall the days when a mild infection often led to death. We shall overcome.

Sounds like Californians can't go for walks unless they go to the grocery store or pharmacy. Kbasa is this correct?

I like how Iowa did it with the statewide closing of places like bars, restaurants, gyms, theaters and have a limit of 10 people in one place inside or outside.
We can still do things outside as long as we don't gather in groups.
Now if the weather would just warm up and dry out a bit.

Everybody is out walking in my suburban neighborhood. People cross the street and give a smile and wave.

Restaurants are take out or delivery only.

We are everyone's future. Get ahead while you can. Help your neighbors and community be serious social distancing. My county picked up 13 cases yesterday, bringing us to 38.

10 people? Sorry. Family cohabitaters only.

Don't be a vector.

Have a look at different channels-
To balance the news, try a different news channel. It’s interesting to see the different views and ways of reporting current events. The BBC World News is a good outlet for Europe and how the European community views progress in the United States. 😷
OM

Everybody is out walking in my suburban neighborhood. People cross the street and give a smile and wave.

Restaurants are take out or delivery only.

We are everyone's future. Get ahead while you can. Help your neighbors and community be serious social distancing. My county picked up 13 cases yesterday, bringing us to 38.

10 people? Sorry. Family cohabitaters only.

Don't be a vector.

That's what we're doing in my part of PA...But, one half of the political spectrum is calling it illegal. I can definitely see the issues of getting effective policies in place when the elements of government have conflicting priorities.

This isn’t mankind’s first encounter with a disease that seemed insurmountable. Some, many, most of the members here probably remember the polio scare, grandparents who lived through the Spanish Flu and recall the days when a mild infection often led to death. We shall overcome.

Yes, we will overcome, but it's important to keep the magnitude of the challenge in focus. The peak year for polio deaths (7130) was 1916 when the US had a population of 102 million. The second peak, 3120 deaths, occurred in 1952 when the US had a population of 158 million people. The polio survival rate was much higher in 1952 due to the invention of the iron lung. In 1955, the Salk vaccine was introduced and Polio became a thing of history for us in the US.

As of last night, the COVID-19 deaths in Italy stand at 4825 for a country with a population of 60.5 million. Those deaths have occurred in a period of less than 2~3wks. On a per capita basis, yesterday's toll in Italy, exceeds the 1916 Polio epidemic in the US. But, why consider Italy ....... they have 10~15% more hospital beds per capita than the US, so healthcare system impact may be similar.

Thus, the current measures may seem extreme, to some, but we're facing a stronger adversary than before. So, follow the guidelines and help where and when you can.

Just back from foraging. Old folks were to shop from 7-8:30 AM. Saw six or eight old folks. Majority under sixty. Many 20-40. To me it didn't a matter. Masked and nitriled. Got the basics. With another stop today should be good to go another two weeks. Keep exposure down is the deal. Wife is on biologic, low immunity. Was a little strange. Sensed a slight uneasiness. A few seemed in a bit of hurry. Skipped the self-checkout, it was massive fire drill. The person ahead of me had a cart full (7:30AM). Of lotions and hair products, no food? Clerk said 132 please. The person throws down a wad of cash. Clerk says, this is over a thousand dollars? And that's the way it is this morning, March 22, 2020, and we are here. Keep calm, soldier on, lead with chin.

Shelves were hit and miss, found some stuff, skipped other stuff. If ya can't git it, you didn't want it. Oh, the clerk said they're cleaned out by 10AM. Toilet paper? I said, thanx for being here, see ya later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back