Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Tips and considerations during this time of National Emergency

My store has a posting limiting the amount of TP an individual can buy.

What they didn't post was that if you exceed the posted limit, you get a free box of condoms.
    1997 R1100RT, 1981 KZ 440 LTD, R80RT, R90/6 sidecar, K1100RS,1983 K100RS (Cafe now)

ďThe major civilizing force in the world is not religion, it is sex.Ē

TP should be the least of worries

1950's/// Never had a roll of toilet paper until I was 10 years old. My mom used to get and save all the magazines and news papers from her sister, who lived in town. We lived out in the country with no running water and no inside toilet of course. Our school ( two rooms) had running water in the lunch room but we had a separate girls and boys out house, a four holer in both; I peeped through a hole one time. There was no toilet paper at school either. Mom taught us how to use most any kind of paper or other materials to clean ourselves after going to the outhouse. We did shun away from the slick, shiny paper but most others were ok. You take the paper and holding with both hands, rub it vigorously together until it gets wrinkled and softer. It works pretty good but maybe we had tougher butts back then also. Anyway, the same thing could be done now but as the OP said, do not put down the commode.
    1978 R100rs MOA#22600 125cc Kymco , 180cc Kymco Racing King
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.

I have a garden hose, a bathroom window and a bathtub.

I'm good.

Stay home. Stop it from spreading so our health care system can keep up. Be well, be awesome. We'll get through this by working together. This time, it means Netflix and chill.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

Be civilized would be a great place to be. Assume leaders have a deeper understanding about unfolding events and follow directions. Cultivating some personal spiritual reflection is always of some use. Quiet time is good. Resist going off yer rails. Hoarding toilet paper, hoarding in general is fearing fear. If out and about act normal, there is no panic. Let's waste this crisis. Wipe the thousand yard stare from yer face and smile. (Hat tip Voni) Things that come to mind before coffee this morning. Two cents. FWIW.
    Last edited by 8ninety8; 03-21-2020 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 8ninety8 View Post
    Be civilized would be a great place to be. Assume leaders have a deeper understanding about unfolding events and follow directions. Cultivating some personal spiritual reflection is always of some use. Quiet time is good. Resist going off yer rails. Hoarding toilet paper, hoarding in general is fearing fear. If out and about act normal, there is no panic. Let's waste this crisis. Wipe the thousand yard stare from yer face and smile. Things that come to mind before coffee this morning. Two cents. FWIW.
    perfect.
    Marshall
    92 K75s, 94 K75s, 09 K1300s

Quote Originally Posted by kbasa View Post
    Stay home. Stop it from spreading so our health care system can keep up. Be well, be awesome. We'll get through this by working together. This time, it means Netflix and chill.
    100% agreed. This should be the #1 thing on everyone's agenda right now.

With that, stay hydrated and get plenty of exercise. I personally have a treadmill and Schwinn Airdyne in the basement to keep me moving, but you don't need equipment to stay fit. Go for walks or work outside, the sunshine will do you good and improve your outlook on life. Keep your distance from others, and scrub those hands as needed.

Forget the handshakes. The elbow bump appears to be popular, I feel you are too close to others if you are bumping elbows.

Folks, this is serious. Let's all do our part to beat this thing. We can do it, but it's going to take perseverance on our part. In time, we can say "we did it". But we need to do it together.

Stay safe.

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    If you get to a grocery store, a look at the spice rack can help you put a little flavor in your food.
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    1 Go for walks or work outside, the sunshine will do you good and improve your outlook on life. Keep your distance from others,
    Stay safe.
    Sounds like Californians can't go for walks unless they go to the grocery store or pharmacy. Kbasa is this correct?

I like how Iowa did it with the statewide closing of places like bars, restaurants, gyms, theaters and have a limit of 10 people in one place inside or outside.
    We can still do things outside as long as we don't gather in groups.
    Now if the weather would just warm up and dry out a bit.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Please stay home. Lawrence, Kansas, the home of the University of Kansas, just got its first confirmed case of Covid 19: A 20 year old yoyo spring breaker just back from frolicking on the beach in Florida. I hope he didn't stop to see his grandmother on the way home.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    Please stay home. Lawrence, Kansas, the home of the University of Kansas, just got its first confirmed case of Covid 19: A 20 year old yoyo spring breaker just back from frolicking on the beach in Florida. I hope he didn't stop to see his grandmother on the way home.
    In PA, one side of the political spectrum is trying to take the non-essential business shutdown to court as illegal. Proving stupid isn't limited to 20yo's in college
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    One reason the Iowa Governor closed bars was the young crowd were ignoring the warnings.

It's crazy seeing the pictures of the spring breakers in Florida. I think they finally closed most of the beaches but it was a little too late.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878

When I go to one of our grocery stores and Walmart I use the self checkout.
    This helps you avoid standing close to others in a checkout line.

In the past I have always used the self check at both stores because I hate standing in line.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    When I go to one of our grocery stores and Walmart I use the self checkout.
    This helps you avoid standing close to others in a checkout line.

In the past I have always used the self check at both stores because I hate standing in line.
    Self checkout certainly has advantages. In the past I have however avoided using it because it kills jobs. Just my own little protest I guess. Now in the "health emergency" I might use it if I even ever was in a store that used it. At the moment it also protects store clerks from the masses.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    While using self checkouts, ATMís, gas stations and other self-serve/self entry touch-pads, itís good to remember that they are touch pads. Using whatever precautions you can will probably help.
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    While using self checkouts, ATMís, gas stations and other self-serve/self entry touch-pads, itís good to remember that they are touch pads. Using whatever precautions you can will probably help.
    OM
    And every item I pick up off the shelf so I make sure to clean my hands at my car and again at my house.

Another good thing with self check is a store checker does not have to touch every item I purchase.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878