• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Tips and considerations during this time of National Emergency

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see too many people who don't even bother to include their nose in their mask fitment. Antisocial, or stupid? :scratch

I asked someone yesterday about their spitting....... The reply was “it’s a habit”. I did some ‘splaining....hope it sinks in.

Ex-No-Spitting-Vintage-Sign--e1463987248253.png

“Someone’s grandmother remembered coming out and wondering why all her neighbors were sleeping on their lawns,” said Nancy Hill, museum manager at the Mütter. “It wasn’t until she was older that she realized that they were all dead.”

From- https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/08/arts/the-spanish-flu.html

OM

When I go to a fast food place, if they aren't properly masked I fill out their online questionnaire, with great detail. Hopefully someone in their chain of command gives a damn.

When I go to a fast food place, if they aren't properly masked I fill out their online questionnaire, with great detail. Hopefully someone in their chain of command gives a damn.

I did that with a Best Western hotel earlier this summer. Got a sincere letter of apology from the chain and that particular franchise. Wasn't a form letter either as they referred to the specifics of my comments and outlined how they were going to address them. Two thumbs up to Best Western.

Manitoba has just become #1 in Canada, per capita, for new infections and number of deaths.

We are at 8.2% positivity rate.

Our Premier told stupid people that if they are going to be stupid, they will be prosecuted. 67 infections directly traced to the sharing of a vape(that's the politically accepted term) pipe between people in a homeless camp.

We will be shutting down again, likely on Friday.

My go to for tips and considerations: South of my border, you better start looking at this as a National Emergency. You hit almost 9M infections and almost 225K deaths and your positivity rate is above 38%. That's one third of Americans being tested are positive.

It ain't gonna go away just 'cause some want it to.

Collectively, worldwide, we gotta get on board and fight this together.

Interesting stat coming from the WHO, greater amounts hospitalized show Vitamin D deficiencies than in those surviving and overcoming the virus.

I wonder if that's an endorsement for riding naked on a sunny day?

Manitoba has just become #1 in Canada, per capita, for new infections and number of deaths.

Our Premier told stupid people that if they are going to be stupid, they will be prosecuted. 67 infections directly traced to the sharing of a vape(that's the politically accepted term) pipe between people in a homeless camp.

My go to for tips and considerations: South of my border, you better start looking at this as a National Emergency. You hit almost 9M infections and almost 225K deaths and your positivity rate is above 38%. That's one third of Americans being tested are positive.

Interesting stat coming from the WHO, greater amounts hospitalized show Vitamin D deficiencies than in those surviving and overcoming the virus.

Sorry to hear about the 8.2 % positive rate, that is pretty big.

Can they prosecute people up there for being stupid?

Could be a profit center down here in some areas.

Do you still have that guy up your way with the buffalo in the Cadillac?

Wayne Koppa
Grayling, MI
#71,449

It’s been around 1100 new cases per day here in Mass. Positivity rate is just under 2%.
OM

Where did the 38% number come from? The numbers I see are 6.3% positivity rate overall and 7.4% for yesterday. CDC has evidently stopped reporting, but the COVID tracking project does so (https://covidtracking.com/data/national).

Where did the 38% number come from? The numbers I see are 6.3% positivity rate overall and 7.4% for yesterday. CDC has evidently stopped reporting, but the COVID tracking project does so (https://covidtracking.com/data/national).

October 28th numbers are here. But as noted in the listing, there are discrepancies in how some states report data. Once a region gets above 9% the actual rate almost becomes moot—it’s more about the trend line and which way the infections are going. We’ve been told by our (very sharp) state epidemiologist here in UT that we won’t begin to get ahead of the curve until positivity rate is around 5%; we are currently above 15%.

Best,
DeVern

In PA, we're seeing a steady 2~3 deaths per million each day for the past several weeks. However, the national death rate (707 deaths / million) has been increasing at a slightly higher rate and is now higher than us (690 deaths per million). North Dakota will exceed our fatality rate (deaths per million) in a few days.

As this will be one of my final posts before my membership expires, I'm going to use it to urge you folks to elect someone who actually cares about the citizens of your country. If you don't, its to the detriment of yourselves and to the rest of the world.

As this will be one of my final posts before my membership expires, I'm going to use it to urge you folks to elect someone who actually cares about the citizens of your country. If you don't, its to the detriment of yourselves and to the rest of the world.

"it's almost nothing...." according to the children.

I voted early with my family two weeks ago. There have been more early votes in Texas this year than in the entire 2016 election in Texas.

I'm hoping we see a brand new day/country on November 4th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back