• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Tips and considerations during this time of National Emergency

Status
Not open for further replies.
A South Dakota saying...” Why die on Mars when you can live in South Dakota? South Dakota, you can live here.”

But, there are some who aren’t interested in hosting the masses:

Completely understandable given the state and availability of medical care they face.

DeVern

Interesting last couple of paragraphs from that linked article:

The restrictions come as local law enforcement reported a convergence of bikers from all directions. According to reports, many bikers heading for Sturgis expressed defiance at rules and restrictions that have marked life during the coronavirus pandemic.

[SNIP]

During the rally, people are expected to cram bars and pack concerts with at least 34 acts playing. “Screw COVID,” read the design on one T-shirt on sale. “I went to Sturgis.”

I wonder if there will be vendors selling shirts next year saying "I survived Sturgis 2020." :brow

During the rally, people are expected to cram bars and pack concerts with at least 34 acts playing. “Screw COVID,” read the design on one T-shirt on sale. “I went to Sturgis.”[/I]

That’s a shirt to be buried in, at a true biker funeral. There’s defiance based on science, logic, and reason and then again there’s just...defiance.
:(

Best,
DeVern

interesting last couple of paragraphs from that linked article:

the restrictions come as local law enforcement reported a convergence of bikers from all directions. According to reports, many bikers heading for sturgis expressed defiance at rules and restrictions that have marked life during the coronavirus pandemic.

[snip]

during the rally, people are expected to cram bars and pack concerts with at least 34 acts playing. “screw covid,” read the design on one t-shirt on sale. “i went to sturgis.”

i wonder if there will be vendors selling shirts next year saying "i survived sturgis 2020”, unfortunately, a number of my friends, relatives and co-workers didn’t :dunno
ftfy
om

My brother in Phoenix has rented a cabin north of Durango, CO. There have been roadblocks in the Navaho Nation. He has to keep track of that and may have to re-route to get to Durango...

Harry

Some cultures are smarter than others.

Let us how many are sick in 30 days! It can Never happen to me they say.

We will never know. The crowd will disburse to the 48 states and spread the disease where ever they go. But the cases will count in Hoboken and Birmingham and Tulsa and Albuquerque, and given our state of the art (not) tracing we will never know until we start to see a bunch of funerals for the spouses, children and parents of bikers.

With any luck the Sturgis participants will come back with their stories, that they want to share with all their friends.......... and they will be treated like they have leprosy - for 14 days :huh
OM

and they will be treated like they have leprosy

Considering that the Gov of SD is now a rising star in her party. I can predict that most of those attendees will be exceedingly well-received by a lot of people when they return. Several large media outlets are actually advocating for people to attend.

That those are the stats of note for this event speaks to the calibre of the participants. I'm sure there are some nice folks among the crowds too.

That those are the stats of note for this event speaks to the calibre of the participants. I'm sure there are some nice folks among the crowds too.

If you run the percentages of any of those statistics, based on the projected 250,000 attendees, I think you will find things are going quite well.
Hopefully it will go as well Covid wise.
OM

If you run the percentages of any of those statistics, based on the projected 250,000 attendees, I think you will find things are going quite well.
Hopefully it will go as well Covid wise.
OM

Quite well for this particular event, yes. Lots of events of similar or larger size than those numbers without those stats being reported.

Quite well for this particular event, yes. Lots of events of similar or larger size than those numbers without those stats being reported.

A major college football game will have 100~110,000 fans in the stadium and about half that outside in the parking lot continuing the tailgate. So, that's ~150,000 people at 20 or so locations around the country for 12-weekends in the late summer and fall. So, 250,000 for a single event isn't that many.

A major college football game will have 100~110,000 fans in the stadium and about half that outside in the parking lot continuing the tailgate. So, that's ~150,000 people at 20 or so locations around the country for 12-weekends in the late summer and fall. So, 250,000 for a single event isn't that many.

So, out of curiosity I wonder how many vehicles were impounded for drug arrests at the most recent (whenever that was) Green Bay Packers game.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sturgis-motorcycle-rally-84-arrests-24-hours/

So, out of curiosity I wonder how many vehicles were impounded for drug arrests at the most recent (whenever that was) Green Bay Packers game.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sturgis-motorcycle-rally-84-arrests-24-hours/

I get the point you're making, but college football pulls in bigger crowds than the NFL. As an example, Lambeau Field (the Packer's home stadium), a large NFL stadium, is just a hair larger than the 80,000 seat Camp Randall stadium (Wisconsin Badgers home field).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_National_Football_League_stadiums

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NCAA_Division_I_FBS_football_stadiums

I get the point you're making, but college football pulls in bigger crowds than the NFL. As an example, Lambeau Field (the Packer's home stadium), a large NFL stadium, is just a hair larger than the 80,000 seat Camp Randall stadium (Wisconsin Badgers home field).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_National_Football_League_stadiums

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NCAA_Division_I_FBS_football_stadiums

OK! How many cars impounded with drug arrests at U of W in Madison, or even Alabama or LSU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back