Page 95 of 100 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1496

Thread: Tips and considerations during this time of National Emergency

Annie are riding out to Fort Harrison in an hour to get our first Moderna injection.
    Kevin Huddy
    Silver City, Montana
    MOA# 24,790 Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by 6322 View Post
    Good for you and your wife Harry!! Just returned from the clinic after receiving the Moderna booster. Now waiting for the aftershock...
    Thanks. I am allergic to aspirin and that seemed to be an issue with COVID vaccinations a while back, but I feel just fine today, there was no reaction yesterday, and my arm isn't even that sore. It seems to have affected the wife a bit, but she will be fine.

Harry
    My fleet: 2015 R1200GS, 2017 Toyota Prius Prime (plug-in hybrid)

To the recent poster who mentioned what the frontline medical workers think about completely lifting restrictions, Iíll comment on that. Iím tired of getting home exhausted, going to daily COVID meetings, worrying how my staff is holding up, explaining to family members why they canít be with their loved ones, working in full PPE for entire shifts, wondering when it started that so many of us care so little about each other that they couldnít put a small piece of material on their face and how health care providers suddenly became the enemy because we were providing.....science based health care. This has definitely moved up my retirement time line. Iíve been an ED medical director for >30 years and Iíve never been more disappointed in my fellow citizens from a health care perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by cruisincruzan View Post
    To the recent poster who mentioned what the frontline medical workers think about completely lifting restrictions, I’ll comment on that. I’m tired of getting home exhausted, going to daily COVID meetings, worrying how my staff is holding up, explaining to family members why they can’t be with their loved ones, working in full PPE for entire shifts, wondering when it started that so many of us care so little about each other that they couldn’t put a small piece of material on their face and how health care providers suddenly became the enemy because we were providing.....science based health care. This has definitely moved up my retirement time line. I’ve been an ED medical director for >30 years and I’ve never been more disappointed in my fellow citizens from a health care perspective.
    Thank you for your service; I sincerely mean that. I'm supposed to get my shot an hour from now. I applaud every frontline worker who is putting in the time and effort to take care of all of us - at no small risk to themselves.
    Last edited by detbmw; 03-04-2021 at 06:03 PM. Reason: fixed it
    Rich
    2001 R1150GS, 1988 K75S
    East Texas BMW+ Motorcycle Club
    Texas National Picnic, Jacksonville TX, 3rd Saturday in April

Moderna #2 yesterday. 24 hours later, my shoulder is sore, about the same as after Moderna #1, but I have a general achy feeling and I just don't feel quite up to par. No fever, no chills. Taking it easy today in hopes of a nice ride tomorrow as the temperature will be above 60F both Friday and Saturday!

The whole COVID-19 Vaccination process through the Sturgis Black Hills VA Medical Center was seamless, well organized, and fast.
    Looking back on it, that has been my whole general experience with the often criticized and maligned VA Health Care System.
    The only dumb question is the unasked question!

Team Pterodactyl - When we ride, we ride!

My wife and I received our Pfizer #2 two weeks ago today, so we are now fully vaccine protected. Unlike what we've read and from friends experiences, neither of us had any reaction from the second dose, other than a slightly sore arm the next day. We had read being well hydrated can help, so we made sure to drink plenty of water for a few days prior.
    Larry Gregerson; Bend, OR
    MOA #93031

I had my first Moderna shot today at the local hospital.
    Pretty easy process. Shot # 2 is scheduled for April fools day.

A little reminder in case there's another person like me who has brain fade from time to time
    Don't get any other vaccines for a few weeks before you get the COVID vaccine.
    During my yearly doctor visit I was telling my Dr I was scheduled for a COVID shot the next day and visited about the registration process.
    At the end of the checkup he tells me to go across the hall to get a Shingles and Pneumonia Vaccine.
    Normally I don't bother with vaccines but I did that day.
    On the way home I remember hearing you should not get a vaccine around the time you get a COVID vaccine and went back to ask the nurse.
    Her eyes got big when I told her I was scheduled the next day for a COVID vaccine and the Dr had me get a couple vaccines.
    She said she would cancel my COVID shot and get me rescheduled.

It all worked out for the good. We have friends in their mid 80s and the wife has really been fretting about getting the shots.
    Around 30 minutes after my talk with the nurse the husband texted me that they got a call saying there was a cancellation and asked them to come in the next day for their shot.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post

A little reminder in case there's another person like me who has brain fade from time to time
    During my yearly doctor visit I was telling my Dr I was scheduled for a COVID shot the next day and visited about the registration process.
    At the end of the checkup he tells me to go across the hall to get a Shingles and Pneumonia Vaccine.
    On the way home I remember hearing you should not get a vaccine around the time you get a COVID vaccine and went back to ask the nurse.
    Her eyes got big when I told her I was scheduled the next day for a COVID vaccine and the Dr had me get a couple vaccines.

It all worked out for the good. We have friends in their mid 80s and the wife has really been fretting about getting the shots.
    Around 30 minutes after my talk with the nurse the husband texted me that they got a call saying there was a cancellation and asked them to come in the next day for their shot.
    My better half & I got our Moderna #1 today also, and #2 is on April fools day. We went to the county expo center where there were dozens of volunteers, and all the seniors in the Nursing program at our local university volunteered to give the shots.
    Rich
    2001 R1150GS, 1988 K75S
    East Texas BMW+ Motorcycle Club
    Texas National Picnic, Jacksonville TX, 3rd Saturday in April

Hangered... but aimed out flyhi2cfar's Avatar
    The Cincinnati Ohio riverfront (Ky side) & the Cape/Space Coast of Flordia.... when not out -- "travel'n"

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post

...Read what you've stated above again please.
    It seems to me somebody there didn't listen to you.
    Isn't getting that COVID Vaccine ASAP... way more important than the other two ordered?
    It is for most senior citizens.
    My doc has me waiting 6 weeks from jab 2 of Pfizer... before getting poke #2 of the shingles.
    And nobody seems too worried about pneumonia because of the reduced flu spread this winter.
    "travel'n" John... on a 2015 R1200GS / MOA# 102452
    "Keep a steady eye ahead, a firm grip on the throttle, be ready with brakes... every mile of the road, there are two miles of the ditch"
    (words of wisdom credited to fellow MOA rider Bill T.)

Quote Originally Posted by flyhi2cfar View Post
    ...Read what you've stated above again please.
    It seems to me somebody there didn't listen to you.

And nobody seems too worried about pneumonia because of the reduced flu spread this winter.
    After a Doctor's appointment the hospital sends out a questionnaire.
    When asked to rate 0 to 10 on how well the Doctor listened I selected 0.
    I also explained what happened in the comment section.
    Both of us screwed up that day.

Right now I would think it standard policy for Doctors to hold off ordering any vaccines until the patient had the COVID shot.

He did mention to not bother with a flu vaccine because their have been very few flu cases this year due to masks and social distancing.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

To the recent poster who mentioned what the frontline medical workers think about completely lifting restrictions, I’ll comment on that. I’m tired of getting home exhausted, going to daily COVID meetings, worrying how my staff is holding up, explaining to family members why they can’t be with their loved ones, working in full PPE for entire shifts, wondering when it started that so many of us care so little about each other that they couldn’t put a small piece of material on their face and how health care providers suddenly became the enemy because we were providing.....science based health care. This has definitely moved up my retirement time line. I’ve been an ED medical director for >30 years and I’ve never been more disappointed in my fellow citizens from a health care perspective.

Hard not to get down when you've experienced what you have and seeing/hearing how others don't understand. Hang in there, we all need you, even if some don't know it. Wife and I had our second shot over a week ago...we are still cautious by wearing masks, not doing groups and being smart about hygiene. At this juncture we're doing this for others more than ourselves. When it is definite we can't still be carriers then we will open up. Don't be disappointed in all of us, I do believe the majority is with you.
    '17 RT
    MOA #46783

This has definitely moved up my retirement time line...
    My late wife was a surgeon, so I've seen first hand what health care providers go through, and that was in pre - covid times.
    Rinty

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    A year ago today, the Pandemic was declared
    om
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    A year ago today, the Pandemic was declared
    om
    So is the curve flattened yet? Iím 74 and retired- not sure why I got vaccinated before people who have to work for a living. They are ALL essential-Iím not, so to speak.

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rick601 View Post
    So is the curve flattened yet? Iím 74 and retired- not sure why I got vaccinated before people who have to work for a living. They are ALL essential-Iím not, so to speak.
    Pretty sure itís the fact it hits older folks hardest..... or so it seams. The retirement homes and assisted living places were there is a lot of close contact took a beating out here.
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200