Page 70 of 88 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1308

Thread: Tips and considerations during this time of National Emergency

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    From CBS This Morning-

Sounds like their finger is on the pulse of things in South Dakota

Boggles my mind.

Maybe should ask for a refund on the RN schooling.

OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

On November 1st the state reported that we had 437 COVID-19 related deaths. Today, November 23rd the state reports 819 deaths, which is just about one per thousand of our population.

That is 16.6 deaths per day. As Active cases continue to rise, +25% so far this month, it seems likely that a lot of South Dakota's grandparents aren't going to be around for Christmas.
    The only dumb question is the unasked question - Anonymous

Eat every Ham Sandwich like it is your last Ham Sandwich! - Anonymous

Just heard a former older neighbor who attended Sturgis this year,and many before, has passed from kidney failure after contracting Covid following the rally. Came home, he and wife both had a rough go. She survived so far.
    He used to wake me up firing up his jet powered dragster on occasion and we laughed about that years later seeing each other after I moved. Still too young in big picture and sad news.

So, seems a non counted SD case as many I assume.
    Steve Henson-Mod Team and past prez SABMWRA

Be decisive, right or wrong.The road of life is paved with
    flat squirrels who couldn't make a decision~unknown

Left Coast Rider
    I just read the headlines on the virus activity in the US and Canada. It prompts me to ask you all to please, please, PLEASE restrict your travel and interaction with anyone outside your household. And if you need to go out to buy necessities, for goodness sake wear a mask - this disease doesn't give two hoots about your "personal freedom".

On the news this morning was the tip- “If you can’t smell the food, it’s probably a bad sign”.

Might have to ask your daily acquaintances “where they spent thanksgiving”.

OM
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

I wonder if those asserting their right not to wear a mask would also not wear a condom if there was a chance their partner had a STD. Alternately if there was a chance they themselves had a STD would they not wear a condom because their partner's health and well being isn't of concern to them.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RadioFlyer View Post
    I wonder if those asserting their right not to wear a mask would also not wear a condom if there was a chance their partner had a STD. Alternately if there was a chance they themselves had a STD would they not wear a condom because their partner's health and well being isn't of concern to them.
    The answer to the question is Of Course.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

I am not a virus denier, I wear a mask and I am careful about the situations I put myself in. So far I have not contracted the virus, in fact I do not know of anyone that is even an acquaintance that has contracted the virus. But for heaven's sake please tone down the self-righteousness and moralizing.
    Kevin Huddy
    The Outpost, Silver City, Montana
    Never have more ambition than adhesion.

Quote Originally Posted by akbeemer View Post
    I am not a virus denier, I wear a mask and I am careful about the situations I put myself in. So far I have not contracted the virus, in fact I do not know of anyone that is even an acquaintance that has contracted the virus. But for heaven's sake please tone down the self-righteousness and moralizing.
    It's all about morality! What could be more immoral than putting one's "right" not to wear a mask ahead of the well-being of others? You are fortunate not to have had a personal tragedy related to COVID 19. Perhaps if you had you would feel some outrage at the needlessness of the death rate and the debilitating health impacts. This is not a time to be passive. This is a health crisis.

It's all about morality! What could be more immoral than putting one's "right" not to wear a mask ahead of the well-being of others? You are fortunate not to have had a personal tragedy related to COVID 19. Perhaps if you had you would feel some outrage at the needlessness of the death rate and the debilitating health impacts. This is not a time to be passive. This is a health crisis.

It's just a mask and now a routine part of my day.

The Covid-19 touches that some seem lucky enough not to face are becoming rare. My son, my friend, a mechanic that works for me, thankfully, survivors but all face battles even months later. One death, distant acquaintance, another, good friend just passed and his entire family infected with his wife and oldest son in the hospital.

And this is Canada where our infection per capita, deaths per capita are considerably lower than the US. We are taking action, onerous as it may be but it might be working.

I know you can carry a gun with bullets in the chamber in some places in the US but you can't use it unless the situation warrants. Like it or not, every person is a walking gun with bullets in the chamber and you do not have the right to infect others.
    1997 R1100RT, 1981 KZ 440 LTD, R80RT, R90/6 sidecar, K1100RS,1983 K100RS (Cafe now)

“The major civilizing force in the world is not religion, it is sex.”

Sounds like a million travelers went through TSA checkpoints on Wednesday. Reportedly, this is 40% of last years TSA total.
    Sturgis received a slot on the “turkey” awards for its help with the virus ��
    Maybe it really shouldn’t be for the event itself but for the people who thought it would be a good idea to go.
    OM
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

I wish the people that believe masks don’t do any good would just humor me. Wear a mask and keep your distance. We could laugh about this later!. On the other hand if I’m right you could kill me. Or not just kill me, but make me really really sick and miserable before I die!
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
    Live fully. Laugh deeply. Love widely.
    BMW MOA Ambassador Emeritus / FOM / Roving Forum Moderator/
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote/ A Million 100 thousand BMW sMiles

I wish people would wear their masks correctly. Having your big nose stick out above the mask defeats the purpose of wearing a mask!

Harry
    My fleet: 2015 R1200GS, 2017 Toyota Prius Prime (plug-in hybrid)

Quote Originally Posted by dieselyoda View Post
    It's just a mask and now a routine part of my day.

The Covid-19 touches that some seem lucky enough not to face are becoming rare. My son, my friend, a mechanic that works for me, thankfully, survivors but all face battles even months later. One death, distant acquaintance, another, good friend just passed and his entire family infected with his wife and oldest son in the hospital.

And this is Canada where our infection per capita, deaths per capita are considerably lower than the US. We are taking action, onerous as it may be but it might be working.

I know you can carry a gun with bullets in the chamber in some places in the US but you can't use it unless the situation warrants. Like it or not, every person is a walking gun with bullets in the chamber and you do not have the right to infect others.
    Actually, that would be most places you can carry a loaded gun, as unloaded ones have proven to be not very good for self defense. But, I want to complement you on your analogy about every person being a potential loaded gun. The version of that which I've been using for some time now is that not wearing a mask in public is much like someone handing you a gun with an unknown load of blanks, live rounds, or some combination and telling you to fire it at random in public places. Maybe no harm will come, and then again someone my be injured or die.
    Greg Feeler
    Ambassador & amateur K-Bike collector, it seems
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

Registered User indiana_jones_i's Avatar
    From the MSF Quick Tips: Pretend you’re invisible. If you assume others on the road can’t see you, and any car that can hit you will hit you, you will tend to ride in a hyper-aware mindset and learn to notice every detail in your surroundings. In other words, you will take extra responsibility for your safety and ride defensively.

I would ask my fellow MOA members to react to the Covid pandemic like you ride. Take on the extra responsibility to protect yourself and others so that you and others can ride and live another day.

The one point that I can agree on with everyone on this Forum is: I like motorcycles and I like to ride. Stay well.