Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42

Thread: Tips and considerations during this time of National Emergency

Quote Originally Posted by GREGFEELER View Post
    Excellent idea! I'm so impressed at the lengths some will go to help out during these times.
    Careful if you try Johnís testing regimen. He is a highly trained and experienced taste tester.
    Kevin Huddy
    The Outpost, Silver City, Montana

Getting back to our national emergency... Time to reinforce the southern border?

Of our northern neighbor, that is. Seems some folks are toying with an international incident at the still-closed border with our friendly neighbors to the north.

https://www.npr.org/2020/08/02/89816...oss-the-border

Is there somehow a lack of nice boating destinations on our side of the border? Or is it the allure of higher-priced Canadian booze and gasoline? Is it desperation for a Tim Hortons fix (hard to imagine, I know). Or is the fishing in Canada worth the risk? Are desperate American GS riders boat-smuggling their bikes into Canada? Or black-market PPE into the US? If caught, will they all blame their border transgression on the recent Garmin outage?

DeVern
    DGerber
    1983 R80ST ó 1984 R80 G/S-PD ó 2004 K1200GT w/Hannigan S/C ó 2010 K1300GT ó 2018 R1200GS
    BMWMOA#52184, AMA#271542, IBA#138

Left Coast Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by GTRider View Post
    Of our northern neighbor, that is. Seems some folks are toying with an international incident at the still-closed border with our friendly neighbors to the north.

https://www.npr.org/2020/08/02/89816...oss-the-border

Is there somehow a lack of nice boating destinations on our side of the border? Or is it the allure of higher-priced Canadian booze and gasoline? Is it desperation for a Tim Hortons fix (hard to imagine, I know). Or is the fishing in Canada worth the risk? Are desperate American GS riders boat-smuggling their bikes into Canada? Or black-market PPE into the US? If caught, will they all blame their border transgression on the recent Garmin outage?

DeVern
    We're gonna build a wall - and America is going to pay for it!

But seriously, the article illustrates one of the reasons why America is still suffering with increasing infection rates. The boaters who turn off their transponders believe the rules don't apply to them.

This border closure is a major pain in the a$$ for my riding plans. I have friends who want to come north and I thoroughly enjoy riding eastern Washington/Oregon and northern California. On the other hand, my province is virtually 100% open thanks to early, and continued, adoption of simple solutions - hand washing, social distancing, wearing a mask. I look forward to the day we can all get together again.

And no dissing Tim Horton's!