• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Tips and considerations during this time of National Emergency

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if those asserting their right not to wear a mask would also not wear a condom if there was a chance their partner had a STD. Alternately if there was a chance they themselves had a STD would they not wear a condom because their partner's health and well being isn't of concern to them.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

I wonder if those asserting their right not to wear a mask would also not wear a condom if there was a chance their partner had a STD. Alternately if there was a chance they themselves had a STD would they not wear a condom because their partner's health and well being isn't of concern to them.

The answer to the question is Of Course.

I am not a virus denier, I wear a mask and I am careful about the situations I put myself in. So far I have not contracted the virus, in fact I do not know of anyone that is even an acquaintance that has contracted the virus. But for heaven's sake please tone down the self-righteousness and moralizing.

I am not a virus denier, I wear a mask and I am careful about the situations I put myself in. So far I have not contracted the virus, in fact I do not know of anyone that is even an acquaintance that has contracted the virus. But for heaven's sake please tone down the self-righteousness and moralizing.
It's all about morality! What could be more immoral than putting one's "right" not to wear a mask ahead of the well-being of others? You are fortunate not to have had a personal tragedy related to COVID 19. Perhaps if you had you would feel some outrage at the needlessness of the death rate and the debilitating health impacts. This is not a time to be passive. This is a health crisis.

It's all about morality! What could be more immoral than putting one's "right" not to wear a mask ahead of the well-being of others? You are fortunate not to have had a personal tragedy related to COVID 19. Perhaps if you had you would feel some outrage at the needlessness of the death rate and the debilitating health impacts. This is not a time to be passive. This is a health crisis.

It's just a mask and now a routine part of my day.

The Covid-19 touches that some seem lucky enough not to face are becoming rare. My son, my friend, a mechanic that works for me, thankfully, survivors but all face battles even months later. One death, distant acquaintance, another, good friend just passed and his entire family infected with his wife and oldest son in the hospital.

And this is Canada where our infection per capita, deaths per capita are considerably lower than the US. We are taking action, onerous as it may be but it might be working.

I know you can carry a gun with bullets in the chamber in some places in the US but you can't use it unless the situation warrants. Like it or not, every person is a walking gun with bullets in the chamber and you do not have the right to infect others.

Sounds like a million travelers went through TSA checkpoints on Wednesday. Reportedly, this is 40% of last years TSA total.
Sturgis received a slot on the “turkey” awards for its help with the virus ��
Maybe it really shouldn’t be for the event itself but for the people who thought it would be a good idea to go. :dunno
OM

I wish the people that believe masks don’t do any good would just humor me. Wear a mask and keep your distance. We could laugh about this later!. On the other hand if I’m right you could kill me. Or not just kill me, but make me really really sick and miserable before I die!

I wish people would wear their masks correctly. Having your big nose stick out above the mask defeats the purpose of wearing a mask!

Harry

It's just a mask and now a routine part of my day.

The Covid-19 touches that some seem lucky enough not to face are becoming rare. My son, my friend, a mechanic that works for me, thankfully, survivors but all face battles even months later. One death, distant acquaintance, another, good friend just passed and his entire family infected with his wife and oldest son in the hospital.

And this is Canada where our infection per capita, deaths per capita are considerably lower than the US. We are taking action, onerous as it may be but it might be working.

I know you can carry a gun with bullets in the chamber in some places in the US but you can't use it unless the situation warrants. Like it or not, every person is a walking gun with bullets in the chamber and you do not have the right to infect others.

Actually, that would be most places you can carry a loaded gun, as unloaded ones have proven to be not very good for self defense. :brow But, I want to complement you on your analogy about every person being a potential loaded gun. The version of that which I've been using for some time now is that not wearing a mask in public is much like someone handing you a gun with an unknown load of blanks, live rounds, or some combination and telling you to fire it at random in public places. Maybe no harm will come, and then again someone my be injured or die.

From the MSF Quick Tips: Pretend you’re invisible. If you assume others on the road can’t see you, and any car that can hit you will hit you, you will tend to ride in a hyper-aware mindset and learn to notice every detail in your surroundings. In other words, you will take extra responsibility for your safety and ride defensively.

I would ask my fellow MOA members to react to the Covid pandemic like you ride. Take on the extra responsibility to protect yourself and others so that you and others can ride and live another day.

The one point that I can agree on with everyone on this Forum is: I like motorcycles and I like to ride. Stay well.

I wish people would wear their masks correctly. Having your big nose stick out above the mask defeats the purpose of wearing a mask!

Harry

That one gets me too! I am pleased they are trying - but just like riding a motorcycle there are certain things you should pay attention to.

Looks like the UK has a jump on the first mass inoculations. Let’s hope all goes well.
OM

Looks like the UK has a jump on the first mass inoculations. Let’s hope all goes well.
OM

On the plus side of that if it turns into something like the Will Smith movie "I am Legend", it will be pretty contained, I hope.

Who am I kidding, the US is posed to exceed 300,000 deaths in two weeks.

Drove down one of my favorite streets today with barber shops, ice cream places, Italian food and good burger joints. It was a virtual dead zone of businesses.

I can't grasp the heart ache this is causing.

If I write what I really think the admins will spank me or ban me or something. So I will only say that the current deaths, and the projected 450,000 by February represent a national tragedy of epic proportions caused by machinations and narcisistic indifference to reality.

Last edited:
If I write what I really think the admins will spank me or ban me or something. So I will only say that the current deaths, and the projected 450,000 by February represent a national tragedy of epic proportions caused my machinations and narcisistic indifference to reality.

Paul,
However we got here, there are many people who are actively resisting mandatory mask and social distancing requirements. A week and a half ago the Boise Mayor imposed mandatory mask requirements for all businesses to be enforced with fines and possible arrests (for trespassing). Last weekend a group of protesters were going from store to store downtown harassing the employees - not buying anything - just yelling about masks. They wouldn't leave when asked until the cops were called, who then played chase. Eventually, they were found and a couple were arrested for trespassing. One custom jewelry store posted a notice to not come in without a mask, or the owner would consider it assault and "act accordingly." This is Idaho and just about everyone carries, even the liberals. The hot line the mayor setup to report mask non-compliance incidences wasn't usable for the first several days because someone setup a robo-call system to swamp the phone lines. Boise is not alone in experiencing these kinds of behaviors. It can be said that mask opposition and virus doubters have been encouraged, but from my perspective that was only fanning a fire already burning.

I wish any and all elected officials all the luck in the world enforcing mandatory anything related to this virus. As Pogo said, "We have met the enemy, and he is us."

Paul,
However we got here, there are many people who are actively resisting mandatory mask and social distancing requirements.

I wish any and all elected officials all the luck in the world enforcing mandatory anything related to this virus. As Pogo said, "We have met the enemy, and he is us."

The Governor of Wyoming recently expressed his frustration with this issue by decrying the - and this is a direct quotation so don't blame me - "knuckleheads" who won't wear masks or follow other public health guidelines.

I immediately thought of some knucklehead during the Nazi bombing blitz of London in WW2 declaring, "I'll leave my lights on if I want to. You can't tell me what to do." Oh, how far we have declined in these past years. As a culture we have become a selfish joke. If they were the "greatest generation" what are we? The worst, maybe?

As a relevent aside, as of this week, on a new cases per capita basis my home of Brewster County, Texas is the 4th worst county in the US; our next door neighbor Presidio County is number 3. And we have more than our share of knuckleheads who refuse to wear masks, or maintain any distance, or probably even wash their hands or any other parts of their bodies.

Last edited:
The Governor of Wyoming recently expressed his frustration with this issue by decrying the - and this is a direct quotation so don't blame me - "knuckleheads" who won't wear masks or follow other public health guidelines.

I immediately thought of some knucklehead during the Nazi bombing blitz of London in WW2 declaring, "I'll leave my lights on if I want to. You can't tell me what to do." Oh, how far we have declined in these past years. As a culture we have become a selfish joke. If they were the "greatest generation" what are we? The worst, maybe?

We have lost much: trust in any and all authority, science, logic, rational behavior, personal sense of shame or responsibility, and commitment to something larger and more important than ourselves. And, it's not just the U.S. - it's South America, Europe, and even much of Asia. However, putting things into perspective, this virus is really only a test run. If there are Aliens nearby, and if they have hostile intent, they are probably rubbing their hands together in delight.

A friend told me a quote he saw, "How come all the stupid kids I went to high school with now think they are microbiologists?"

I don’t have first hand information but it doesn’t seem like any country is doing any better than the US. I find it concerning that it also doesn’t seem that countries are not really learning much from each other.
I still see the local school’s track team running in groups, shoulder to shoulder, no masks. :hungover
OM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back