• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Tips and considerations during this time of National Emergency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Around here, there is full panic and confusion about opening up the schools.......... while the track teams run the streets shoulder to shoulder. Makes me wonder what outcome “they” are actually looking for.
OM

I guess you can't fix stupid. Reminds me of three year olds adults throwing fits. " I don't want to ........" fill in the blank.
Seat belt laws, Helmet laws, But I DON'T to! Me 2cents worth.

Next time I'll keep my mouth shut

Our first Borough Council meeting was on last Tuesday night and I complimented the nearby University on its Covid-19 containment policy. After the first 2+ wks of classes, the county, as a whole, had a total of 686 cases since last March. The first few weeks of classes only yielded ~200 new cases.

But, as I was attending the meeting, 184 new cases were announced for the area around the University. The following day, 55 new cases. Then 137 and 73 on the subsequent days, placing us at 1135 cases. Almost doubling our case count in less than a week.

Learn from my mistake.........

Our first Borough Council meeting was on last Tuesday night and I complimented the nearby University on its Covid-19 containment policy. After the first 2+ wks of classes, the county, as a whole, had a total of 686 cases since last March. The first few weeks of classes only yielded ~200 new cases.

But, as I was attending the meeting, 184 new cases were announced for the area around the University. The following day, 55 new cases. Then 137 and 73 on the subsequent days, placing us at 1135 cases. Almost doubling our case count in less than a week.

Learn from my mistake.........

I've been following the Average Positivity Rate as a gauge. It's as simple as the number of tested and the percentage that are positive.

The reason I follow this is because my province has neither the population representation nor the testing capability. As of today, we dropped to 1.4% but that was based on just under 3,000 tests yesterday. That is pretty much our capacity to test in a day.

At 55 new cases, as in your county, in a day, our Average Positivity Rate would be closer to our national average.

That would give me some concern that we aren't moving in the right direction.

Made a slight modification to your post.

It appears "Lake of the Ozarks" has had its best ever year by being a "No Covid-19 Precaution" area. Of course, I doubt any port city red light district has seen a reduction in business since the outbreak of HIV

The US total number of deaths as of 25/09/2020 hit 209,740 exceeding Canada's total number of infected by almost 40,000.

Manitoba exceeded 2.0% positivity rate as of today and we will be in semi-lock-down on Monday. This makes masks mandatory indoors in public places and gatherings can not exceed 10 and if restaurants and bars can't accommodate social distancing, they must accommodate social distancing for fear of immediate closure, including take-out/online/delivery.

South Dakota has gone crazy -
09-24-2020%20SD%20Corona%20Stats-M.png

On Friday, South Dakota reported 457 new coronavirus cases out of a total of 2,286 new persons tested, bringing the state’s total positive case count to 20,554. Active cases increased to 3,507 from 3,291. Current hospitalizations remained at 194. South Dakota COVID-19 related deaths increased by six to 216. There have now been 49 deaths reported in September, the deadliest month of the pandemic so far.

Thursday set new records for the spread of coronavirus in South Dakota in new cases, active cases, current hospitalizations and deaths. The DOH reported 463 new cases across the state. The increase brings the state to a record 3,291 active cases. Thursday’s report came from 2,156 tests, marking another high positivity rate at 21.5%. Wednesday’s positivity rate set a record at 25%. Eight people were newly hospitalized Thursday, contributing to a record 194 current COVID-19 hospitalizations across the state. A record equaling eight deaths were reported across the state, which has only happened on one other occasion, Sept. 16. The state’s death toll rose to 210. The decedents were three women and five men. One was in their 70s, and seven were 80 or older.

And our Governor https://youtu.be/4Z_AnfF5L2c Jokes about Less COVID - More Hunting. We are now apparently sending sick folks out of state to the hospital though the State DOH denies it, there were several interviewed on the radio this morning from their out of state hospital rooms.

South Dakota has gone crazy -
09-24-2020%20SD%20Corona%20Stats-M.png

On Friday, South Dakota reported 457 new coronavirus cases out of a total of 2,286 new persons tested, bringing the state’s total positive case count to 20,554. Active cases increased to 3,507 from 3,291. Current hospitalizations remained at 194. South Dakota COVID-19 related deaths increased by six to 216. There have now been 49 deaths reported in September, the deadliest month of the pandemic so far.

Thursday set new records for the spread of coronavirus in South Dakota in new cases, active cases, current hospitalizations and deaths. The DOH reported 463 new cases across the state. The increase brings the state to a record 3,291 active cases. Thursday’s report came from 2,156 tests, marking another high positivity rate at 21.5%. Wednesday’s positivity rate set a record at 25%. Eight people were newly hospitalized Thursday, contributing to a record 194 current COVID-19 hospitalizations across the state. A record equaling eight deaths were reported across the state, which has only happened on one other occasion, Sept. 16. The state’s death toll rose to 210. The decedents were three women and five men. One was in their 70s, and seven were 80 or older.

And our Governor https://youtu.be/4Z_AnfF5L2c Jokes about Less COVID - More Hunting. We are now apparently sending sick folks out of state to the hospital though the State DOH denies it, there were several interviewed on the radio this morning from their out of state hospital rooms.

If you're lucky, deaths will remain near 1% of infections. So far, this second wave that went thru the south and up the mid-west has seen 1.6~3% deaths relative to infections. Here in the east, where we got hit early (didn't want to panic) the deaths were were over 5% of infections due to fewer tests and other early on issues. In NYC, deaths were 9.8% of infections.

Montana is having a surge as well with daily totals over 300 for three of the past four days. 1.1% of our population has tested positive; 30.5% of the population have been tested; and, 1.5% of the positive population have died. Jails are trending hotspots and many positives are linked to the opening of schools and universities.

Calm down folks, its all a hoax. Don't wear a face covering. Open your beaches. Support huge gatherings of people. Individually threaten people/businesses who actually care for their (and your) safety. Don't do any contact tracing - this Covid thing will just fade away.

Mods: Please feel free to delete this post if you find it crosses any forum guidelines. I won't be offended.

Calm down folks, its all a hoax. Don't wear a face covering. Open your beaches. Support huge gatherings of people. Individually threaten people/businesses who actually care for their (and your) safety. Don't do any contact tracing - this Covid thing will just fade away.

Mods: Please feel free to delete this post if you find it crosses any forum guidelines. I won't be offended.

As soon as we reach Herd Mentality, we'll be fine; quoted from a recent town hall on ABC from someone we all know of.

As soon as we reach Herd Mentality, we'll be fine; quoted from a recent town hall on ABC from someone we all know of.

Herd mentality = 2/3 of the population being infected. Assuming only 1% of those infected will die, that's about 2.2 million deaths.

Recently. you've heard claims of great success because 2-million didn't die.

Proving once again, doing something is more than doing nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back