• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Tips and considerations during this time of National Emergency

Status
Not open for further replies.
And this surprises - nobody!

Yes, but if you don't review the event and the aftermath, you'll have people and pols thinking it was all roses.

As is, it's just something they'll ignore as they move on to some other insightful decision.....

It seems that "kicking" the Sturgis attendees without "kicking" all the other groups that have scheduled events is perhaps more Harley Bashing?

Weddings, churches, retirement homes, colleges and random parties have all contributed to the spread of the virus. Event the Whickked Schmaart people that attended the Biogen conference in Boston didn't help-

Biogen conference likely led to 20,000 COVID-19 cases in Boston area, researchers say
A new study estimates the Biogen conference held at Boston’s Marriott Long Wharf hotel in February played a far greater role in spreading the coronavirus than previously thought.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/08...0-covid-19-cases-boston-area-researchers-say/

If kicking and blaming is to be done, why not be fair about it?

OM

Finally Some Actually Useful Information

Hormel is offering a bacon-scented face mask....

E6-S5-LNSN6-NHGBN63-ZHRT4-NUIHY.jpg

It seems that "kicking" the Sturgis attendees without "kicking" all the other groups that have scheduled events is perhaps more Harley Bashing?

Weddings, churches, retirement homes, colleges and random parties have all contributed to the spread of the virus. Event the Whickked Schmaart people that attended the Biogen conference in Boston didn't help-

Biogen conference likely led to 20,000 COVID-19 cases in Boston area, researchers say
A new study estimates the Biogen conference held at Boston’s Marriott Long Wharf hotel in February played a far greater role in spreading the coronavirus than previously thought.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/08...0-covid-19-cases-boston-area-researchers-say/

OM

All of which can be summed up with a couple of statements; 1. A person does not have the "right" to imperil others. 2. You can't fix stupid.

Comparing the appropriateness of a BioGen conference that predated the federal Emergency Declaration by 3 weeks vs a biker rally that occurred 5 months after the declaration, is equivalent to saying the BioGen researchers should have been smart enough to predict the future or know what was in the security briefing material that was withheld from the US public to avoid panic.

COVID-19 Timeline, up to July, courtesy of the American Journal Of Managed Care

https://www.ajmc.com/view/a-timeline-of-covid19-developments-in-2020

Last edited:
Probably have to get the “chief” Harley basher to make an appearance to a group of Harley owners, in person, and tear on into them. Ought to be interesting.
OM

Probably have to get the “chief” Harley basher to make an appearance to a group of Harley owners, in person, and tear on into them. Ought to be interesting.
OM

I don't mind any good-natured ribbing of someone on a different brand bike, but anyone on any brand of bike is one less person in a cage, and therefore a brother or sister of mine.

Weddings, churches, retirement homes, colleges and random parties have all contributed to the spread of the virus.

While you make a valid point, I haven't been to many weddings that had hundreds of thousands of attendees.

False equivalencies abound in the interwebisphere, here and elsewhere. The fact is selfish people do unconscionable things in the name of "freedom" which is why the United States response to the pandemic is despicable and ridiculous compared to, for example, Taiwan or New Zealand, or Canada. Leadership is part of it. But purely selfish refusal by a substantial group of individuals to be inconvenienced in the slightest way is the most of it. While we pride ourselves with our rugged individualism, that pride is killing thousands of people. I sincerely hope the dead don't include anybody's grandparents, parents, spouses or children, but we have something over 219,000 cases where my wishes and hopes have done no good.

So a few hundred thousand maskless clowns are fair game for criticism, whether they went to church or a wedding notwithstanding.

While you make a valid point, I haven't been to many weddings that had hundreds of thousands of attendees.

Actually, kinda my point. It seems to me we need to realize that not attending something now, will (Hopefully) allow us to attend event in the future.
All events seem to have repercussions of some sort. Apparently the virus 🦠 is rather small, sneaky and highly contagious 😷
https://www.healthline.com/health-n...-maine-became-a-deadly-covid-19-superspreader

OM

{snip}.... but anyone on any brand of bike is one less person in a cage, and therefore a brother or sister of mine.

There you go :thumb

A lot of the members seem to own Harley's. Many it seems own a BMW after owning a Harley.

OM

Trading up!!

Definitely different! I have had a lot of bikes, mainly Honda’s. The Honda’s were great bikes but the few BMW’s I have ridden definitely have a different feel.
The difference between the TW200 and the F800GS is a perfect example.
I skipped the BMW Demo truck....on purpose. ;)
OM

Some years ago someone on this forum cited some study, published somewhere, by someone that said the most common combination of brands in households that owned at least two different motorcycle brands were HD and BMW. There ya go.... irrefutable, scientific evidence.

Some years ago someone on this forum cited some study, published somewhere, by someone that said the most common combination of brands in households that owned at least two different motorcycle brands were HD and BMW. There ya go.... irrefutable, scientific evidence.

I don't know about all riders, but that is likely an accurate statement about the members of the MOA for those who own more than one bike based on surveys over the years. Just for the record, I'm a multiple bike owner, but have no Harley's. ;)

Voni and I have had 24 BMWs and only one Harley Davidson and it was a 90cc Shortster.

Attachments

• shortster (2).jpg
    shortster (2).jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 60
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back