• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Tips and considerations during this time of National Emergency

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the approach needs to be if you get sick go get your treatment like Tom Hanks and his wife and Trump and Rand Paul and... move on.

I think the best approach might be to wear a face covering, wash your hands frequently and maintain some physical distance from other folks. Seems simple and according to the world's best scientists, it works. I and my friends have been doing this all summer and the only real impact we've felt is we can't go to a country where we've always enjoyed travelling.

I think the best approach might be to wear a face covering, wash your hands frequently and maintain some physical distance from other folks. Seems simple and according to the world's best scientists, it works. I and my friends have been doing this all summer and the only real impact we've felt is we can't go to a country where we've always enjoyed travelling.

As said above, the simplest approach is as simple as being considerate towards everybody.

I personally disagree with the constant hand sanitizing as it does destroy all the bacteria in your hands and you need some of that bacteria as some of it is beneficial. My hands look like I stuck them in a blender as the little cuts one gets working on the wrenches has diminished the bacteria that reduces infections and promotes healing. But, protocol and consideration require that when I enter a place that requires it, I hand sanitize.

Now, I wear gloves as often as I have to and wear a mask. It seems like a small inconvenience to protect some stranger that might get it and take it home to their compromised father/mother.

As said above, the simplest approach is as simple as being considerate towards everybody.

I personally disagree with the constant hand sanitizing as it does destroy all the bacteria in your hands and you need some of that bacteria as some of it is beneficial. My hands look like I stuck them in a blender as the little cuts one gets working on the wrenches has diminished the bacteria that reduces infections and promotes healing. But, protocol and consideration require that when I enter a place that requires it, I hand sanitize.

Now, I wear gloves as often as I have to and wear a mask. It seems like a small inconvenience to protect some stranger that might get it and take it home to their compromised father/mother.

Annoyingly considerate Canucks.........

For how many months?

I guess we won't be seeing you for years. The vaccines they are developing are the same as having the illness and recovering so if you feel it only lasts a few months stay in you bunker.

Nobody has actually established how long acquired immunity or immunity from a vaccination not yet tested and approved might be. Any speculation to the contrary is nonsense at this point in time. Real facts are problematic enough without venturing into uninformed wanderings of thought.

I guess we won't be seeing you for years. The vaccines they are developing are the same as having the illness and recovering so if you feel it only lasts a few months stay in you bunker.

I'm not too cowardly. I voted today.

How did we reach the point in our culture that doing those few simple things recommended by medical and scientific professionals causes people to be labeled "cowards"?

The movie Idiocracy was intended to be a comedy, not a documentary.

How did we reach the point in our culture that doing those few simple things recommended by medical and scientific professionals causes people to be labeled "cowards"?

The movie Idiocracy was intended to be a comedy, but seems to have turned into a documentary.

FTFY

:eek

OM

Local government can be a forum for enlightening commentary....

Well, here goes...!

It saddens me to say this but with leadership like this Bailey character, the US will never get this virus under control.

Don't hate me, hate the virus.

:dunno
It maybe that people not being as safe and respectful of others is the larger problem. Maybe the anti-mask people think that mask wearing, careful, respectful are stupid?
Even if one doesn’t believe in any of this- just move on..... and let the people trying alone.
OM

Well, here goes...!

It saddens me to say this but with leadership like this Bailey character, the US will never get this virus under control.

Don't hate me, hate the virus.

For a lot of Americans...........the response is........"What Virus? It's as phony as that landing on the moon and evolution."

Refusing to wear a mask is just part of it. Some businesses think they'll lose revenue if they enforce mask requirements. In addition, for those that are anti-mask, they tend to ignore the minimum spacing guideline.

In my little town, two county-seat lawyers (a husband & wife) circulated a petition against any local ordinance enforcing masks or the minimum spacing guidelines in public spaces.

Refusing to wear a mask is just part of it. Some businesses think they'll lose revenue if they enforce mask requirements. In addition, for those that are anti-mask, they tend to ignore the minimum spacing guideline.

We have a few ant-maskers in our country but the fact is that retailers will not allow you into their premises without shoes, a shirt or a mask.

Despite this, the odd wedding and funeral gatherings as well as gym and bar patrons are possibly the cause of the recent spike in our COVID cases (which fortunately have resulted in only a few regions of our province having restrictions reimposed).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back