• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Are These Supposed to Come Off?

dualsportgs

Asking for help with a R90 turn signal removal question. Please see the picture below. The connector with the blue and red wire needs to be removed so I can remove the turn signal housing and then remove my fairing. Is the connector with the round plastic housing and spring below supposed to pull apart? The connector inside the spring looks like It should be a spade connector, but seems a bit too thin to be a female connector. For darned sure it does not want to pull apart. Any suggestions? Thank you!

CEE87B3A-101A-41C6-BCEB-8468506E5E6D.jpeg

These are spring loaded connectors. Press down on the plastic collar to release the tension on the wire so you can remove it from the hole the wire goes through on the center stud. With all that corrosion you may have to do some cleanup or use a pick to loosen the wire from the center post.

Goodness, that should have been obvious. I’ve never encountered these before. So easy. Like many things I think disassembly will be easier than assembly. Thank you very much for your help!

Back