• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

What is the best bike to ride to avoid contacting Coronavirus?

I think that we're all a bit on the crazy side! But on the other hand, what is normal? And then, on the other hand she had warts.

I've been following the latest about the spread of the virus. It seems singing in a choir can spread it widely since forceful singing ejects droplets. Then I read that a good sneeze can catapult the virus 26 feet, and that it might linger in the air for 3 hours. So, assume I am riding down the lonely but not abandoned TX 118 between Alpine, Texas and Big Bend National Park (which is now totally closed except to the bandit patriots who think they can hide from the Rangers). Assume I am headed to Alpine to buy more Spam, Wine, Rice, and Beer. And suppose that last tourist in a fancy painted Cruise America RV that ignored the "Park Is Closed" flashing sign at Alpine (we see about one a day headed south and then back north) tools along but sneezes out the window of the RV. And suppose I enter the invisible cloud of viral Covid 19 pollution from the ignorant "touron". Just suppose.

If I am on the G310 I am exposed to this cloud for X number of breaths. But if I am on my K75 only X-3 breaths. And if on the K75RTP with the super efficient RT fairing I might not even be exposed at all to that pocket of air and droplets. Just suppose. Do the math. I am still confused. :)

Today on the IBMWR email list Charles Lipton posted a story about the area where he lives in Japan. I would repost the entire message here except that all messages on the IBMWR list are copyrighted, so I will summarize. Seems there was a local guy who had symptoms of the virus for about a week before seeking treatment. He spent that time driving certain local roads and coughing out his car window. The health authorities found a lot of the virus on the side of his car, and along the roads he regularly traveled. "A number" of bicycle, scooter, and small motorcycle riders have tested positive, and the authorities are now testing farmers with fields adjacent to these roads. Charles found out when the health people came to test him as he was known to do a lot of motorcycle riding along these roads. Authorities have advised to avoid motorcycle riding unless it's your only transportation and then always wear a mask.

Any bike with the new Aroeiberth full face carbon fiber with built in N95 filter, UV system to continually process the N95, corona antibody coating of helmet and apparel and 6 foot proximity sensors.
Stay isolated and stay safe, please

I would think that if you have a full face helmet and would wear a full face ski mask, which most of us own, the risk of spreading anything would be eliminated.

Carbon fiber helmet accessorized with a sena communicator,wearing the latest textile body condom riding my 2010 K13GT.. Of course!

Back