• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

What is the best bike to ride to avoid contacting Coronavirus?

One more for the K75

Without a doubt, the K75. But just in case, switch to Castrol castor based oil to leave an anti virus scent in your trail, and stock up on Corona beer. Keep away from the Corona "Lite". Not strong enough to repel the virus!

no corona's for me

today I needed to go to Wally World, so I picked one not too close to home and rode my 1974 R90/6. I took the back roads to avoid congested places.

Update to my previous post.

Be advised, not all well ventilated spaces are virus free.

Bill

I've been following the latest about the spread of the virus. It seems singing in a choir can spread it widely since forceful singing ejects droplets. Then I read that a good sneeze can catapult the virus 26 feet, and that it might linger in the air for 3 hours. So, assume I am riding down the lonely but not abandoned TX 118 between Alpine, Texas and Big Bend National Park (which is now totally closed except to the bandit patriots who think they can hide from the Rangers). Assume I am headed to Alpine to buy more Spam, Wine, Rice, and Beer. And suppose that last tourist in a fancy painted Cruise America RV that ignored the "Park Is Closed" flashing sign at Alpine (we see about one a day headed south and then back north) tools along but sneezes out the window of the RV. And suppose I enter the invisible cloud of viral Covid 19 pollution from the ignorant "touron". Just suppose.

If I am on the G310 I am exposed to this cloud for X number of breaths. But if I am on my K75 only X-3 breaths. And if on the K75RTP with the super efficient RT fairing I might not even be exposed at all to that pocket of air and droplets. Just suppose. Do the math. I am still confused. :)

Last edited:
It’s an entire change of life- having to stay home. As I watch the (news) reports, I see rhetoric that makes me think that............
Actually I’m not going to go into it. Stay Home. Try to not be the next level of problems.
OM

If you ride fast enough you can super-heat the air around you and kill the virus. I am surprised this has not been reported in the media... :whistle

Yes stay home. I got a ride in the other day and was thinking that it would be all right, hardly any traffic. And then I come up on a car that is sightseeing at ten under the limit. No problem, I am just riding around anyway, and then the cigarette butt comes flying out the window (big pet peeve of mine). As I'm screaming in my helmet at this A-hole he decides to clear his throat and hock a loogie out the window. Ride over, go home to self quarantine, I give up.:banghead

I've been following the latest about the spread of the virus. It seems singing in a choir can spread it widely since forceful singing ejects droplets. Then I read that a good sneeze can catapult the virus 26 feet, and that it might linger in the air for 3 hours. So, assume I am riding down the lonely but not abandoned TX 118 between Alpine, Texas and Big Bend National Park (which is now totally closed except to the bandit patriots who think they can hide from the Rangers). Assume I am headed to Alpine to buy more Spam, Wine, Rice, and Beer. And suppose that last tourist in a fancy painted Cruise America RV that ignored the "Park Is Closed" flashing sign at Alpine (we see about one a day headed south and then back north) tools along but sneezes out the window of the RV. And suppose I enter the invisible could of viral Covid 19 pollution from the ignorant "touron". Just suppose.

If I am on the G310 I am exposed to this cloud for X number of breaths. But if I am on my K75 only X-3 breaths. And if on the K75RTP with the super efficient RT fairing I might not even be exposed at all to that pocket of air and droplets. Just supposed. Do the math. I am still confused. :)

The one common risk factor to all your bike options is that breath thing you got going on. Stop that and the virus will be zero threat.

If you ride fast enough you can super-heat the air around you and kill the virus. I am surprised this has not been reported in the media... :whistle

This is true, and if you go even faster that super-heated air "envelope" will deflect (fails to reflect) radar signals. Something like the reentry blackout period when the Mercury and Apollo capsules would return to earth. Really, I wouldn't make this up. :brow

Back