• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

NEEDED: Parking Bulb Clip for Airhead

dualsportgs

Long story, the headlamp fell out of the bike and crashed to the ground. The lens broke but fortunately replacements are readily available. However the parking bulb clip disappeared and THAT part is not sold separately. If any of you kind souls have one you’d be willing to part with, I’d be most appreciative. Thank you!

I'm not sure what you're refering to as the parking bulb clip? There's a socket that the bulb goes into, that inserts into a hole in the back of the headlight reflector. Can you clarify?

Clip ?

I'm not sure what you're refering to as the parking bulb clip? There's a socket that the bulb goes into, that inserts into a hole in the back of the headlight reflector. Can you clarify?

With a photo ?

Charlie

Thanks, all. I have researched this a bit. The clip fits into the slot where the socket goes. If you go on the MAXBMW web site and look this up you will see that it is referenced as being available with the reflector but not sold as a separate part. Here is a photo of my quick fix, I guess it could be permanent but not totally confident it won’t slip out.

7FFED3BF-503E-40F2-8EC8-A73E436BA278.jpeg

I would just live without a parking bulb, it's not required in the US.
On newer bikes this will cause a lamp error light.
I don't remember if Airheads have a warning light when a bulb is out.

Socket

This is a picture of the parking light socket. It plugs into the back of the reflector. part number 62148680130_1_B.jpg

Attachments

• 62148680130_1_B.jpg
    62148680130_1_B.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 84
There was no 'clip' on my R100GS' parking bulb socket. Why do you think there was one?

Btw. the plastic tie might melt from the heat of the main bulb.

/Guenther

Thanks, all. I have researched this a bit. The clip fits into the slot where the socket goes. If you go on the MAXBMW web site and look this up you will see that it is referenced as being available with the reflector but not sold as a separate part. Here is a photo of my quick fix, I guess it could be permanent but not totally confident it won’t slip out.

I see the reference on the MaxBMW fiche. As mentioned above, the zip tie might melt and create its own issues. I suspect the original clip was likely just a piece of spring steel bent to the correct shape-you might be able to fabricate something like that. Or, a couple dabs of high-temp RTV applied at the socket flange after the socket was inserted would hold things in place and still allow future bulb replacements.

Best,
DeVern

I am curious

Okay, just what are we talking about?

I posted a picture of the parking light socket, it just plugs into the back of the reflector. There is no clip to hold it in place.

Now, if you mean the main headlight bulb clip, then I can follow what you are talking about? St.

Look here

See the video here where you can see the clip starting at 3:35. It's a copper colored item that fits in the slot below and against where the bulb sits. Anyway, I used a fairly thick piece of zip tie which seems to work well.

Back