• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

R1200 Wethead Maintenance Videos - FREE

Easy, the BMW he worked on is clean. Just look at the Final Drive oil change video. It looks like it came out of the showroom. Whereas I have seen others on YouTube and they don't even bother cleaning around the fill and drain screws, lets not even mention the final drive. You ought to see my 1990 R100 GS and it has been places. And 30 years later, it still looks new.

The whole "I'm too busy riding to wash my bike" speaks of poor maintenance habits.

Alex, a lot of it is also Brad's style of work and work habits. As you can tell from the videos, he is very measured and meticulous.

The day before he and Chris shot the initial footage used for that series, he did the full 20k Service (plus) on my 2014 RT as a Tech Day for my local Club (much appreciated by everyone who attended).

With working on my dirty bike plus explaining/instructing, he didn't dirty his clothing. I was far dirtier trying to keep up with him as his half-witted assistant.;-)

My bike was not clean at all. I ride in all weather and the bike had been ridden on plenty of dirt and mud roads without being washed prior to the work.

He's definitely far more gifted than me. ;-)

Alex, a lot of it is also Brad's style of work and work habits. As you can tell from the videos, he is very measured and meticulous.

Hey, he is a pilot and we need to be meticulous. :wave Many of the pilots that I sat around the table with for breakfast drilled themselves into the ground. These are people that trained alongside of me.

Anyway, my GS gets dirty. I'm on the road for 6 weeks but it gets washed before doing my maintenance.

Mr. Brad

I'd like to tack on another barrel of ' Thank Yous ' for your maintenance videos! I've been riding and working on motorcycles for 55 years.
What I appreciated THE MOST, is that you showed us how to use the proper tools for the valve adjustment, and THEN... showed us how to do the valve clearance adjustment with only everyday basic tools.

Back