• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2009 K13GT shifter/footpeg question....

kychris02

I need to adjust my footpeg/shifter to allow me to shift easier. Any recommendations? Can I adjust the shifter? Lower the pegs? I'm stumped. I'v done a couple photos of the angle (using a whiffle bat) on my old KRS and my newer KGT. Thanx for any thoughts... I cannot get my size 14s under the shifter at this angle.

DSC_0343.jpgDSC_0342.jpgDSC_0347.jpgDSC_0346.jpg

From the third picture it looks like you might have some adjustment left on the linkage rod between shift lever and transmission arm, so that would be the first place to make a change and raise the shift lever. Also, the transmission arm mounts on a splined shaft so rotating that arm by one spline might make enough difference. If you can’t bring the lever up enough with adjustment then having a welder or machine shop lengthen the rod might be an option, to help bring the shift lever a bit higher. I feel your pain; my size 13s have had me tweaking things in that area.

Best,
DeVern

As mentioned, use the shifter rod for fine adjustment. If that doesn't move the shifter enough for you, remove / replace the rod mount one spline either way on the shift shaft. This will move the shift lever a lot.

Note: I believe the shifter rod is a combination left-hand/right-hand thread on their opposite ends.

Thanx all. This was sooo easy. Loosen the 9 mm nut at the bottom and top of the long vertical shift rod. Spin the rod with your fingers to adjust the shift pedal. I was very surprised how much play there was and how far I could adjust the shifter. Simply tighten the nut at the top and bottom when you reach the desired height. Cool design and simple execution. It took me about 20 minutes of staring at the mechanism and 1 minute to execute it. On to the next project.

Back