• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Southern IL routing advice needed

glenfiddich

TravelsWithBarley.com
In April Glenlivet and I will leave Vermont in our sidecar rig on the start of a 14,000 mile adventure out west and back. One leg of the trip is from Garden of the Gods near Herod IL to Cape Girardeau MO. At first I was going to drop down to 146 and take it all the way, but on the map there is this large green area labeled Shawnee NF just above 146 that looks like it has potential. It seems likely that if I can find a street bike friendly route through that green mass it might be a heck of a lot more fun than taking a highway.

Suggestions?

Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 1.38.15 PM.png

Shawnee National Forest Route

I have spent much time in Shawnee National Forest, remembering names of roads not as easy as it used to be Kerbers Ridge Road great place to start, the chocolate factory at the entrance to Dixon Springs State Park has Ice cream for one member of crew and chocolate for the other the park has a great place for a dog to play in the water on a warm June day. Giant City State Park also very nice way point.
I will try to figure out a coherent route and get back to you

Back