• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Will Alaskan Sheep Skin fit Sargent seat for the RTW?

skibumwi

I've ordered a Sargent seat (15% off and free shipping if you call them directly during Daytona bike week) for my '16 RTW but wondering if my Alaskan Sheepskin cover will fit. Anyone know??

Ski

A long time ago, I bought 2 for my R 1200 C; they have different sizes - one for the rider and the other for pillion. I can use them on the OEM seats for the '19 1250 RT. The coverage area is slightly different, but my back side is still the same. (HA)
I would think they would cover your sitting area of the seat and would still suffice for your needs. Worth a try. Right?

Worth a try. Right?

Of course, since I already have the cover. BTW, just received the seat today - bike is coming out of storage on Tuesday!! A month earlier than last year!! But winter ain't over yet in Wisconsin....

Ski

The people at Alaskan Sheep skin are great to deal with. Once I opened the package, it was hard to get the cover back from the dog. She offered to send me some random pieces for the dog to “enjoy”.
OM

I've ordered a Sargent seat (15% off and free shipping if you call them directly during Daytona bike week) for my '16 RTW but wondering if my Alaskan Sheepskin cover will fit. Anyone know??

Ski

I depends on which sheepskin you bought. I tried the same setup for a season on my RT until I switched to a Russell. My sheepskin was large and tractor-seat shaped. I found that it fit reasonably well, although I needed to fold the front 3-inches or so under so that it didn't extend up the gas tank. Also, the strap that keeps the sheepskin attached is not in the best location for the BMW mounting points -- it tends to position the sheepskin too far forward, which is why I needed to fold the front.

More importantly, I found the sheepskin made the Sargent seat more comfortable for me. I was able to spend about 6 hours riding before onset of terminal monkey butt. In contrast, the Russell gives me a full day without issues. I tried the sheepskin on the Russell, but found that I didn't need it.

Cap

The people at Alaskan Sheep skin are great to deal with. Once I opened the package, it was hard to get the cover back from the dog. She offered to send me some random pieces for the dog to “enjoy”.
OM

The folks at Alaska Leather are first rate. When we lived in Fairbanks Annie was looking for a pair of riding pants. Barb sent her four sets and told her to pick what she liked and send the rest back. I believe Barb has retired from day-to-day management, but Alaska Leather remains a good place to shop.

Back