• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

What would you like on your next motorcycle?

Omega Man

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat
Staff member
Seems like here on the forum, new purchase postings are frequently for an older bike like a K-Bike/Airhead or Wethead. One of the things I would be looking for is tubeless tires. Another would be a seat that would be comfortable from the start.
Other considerations-
Better touring capabilities?
Better dirt or dual use performance?
Something a lot lighter and easier to move at slow speeds- or in the garage?
Less (or more) technological gadgets?
Perhaps going electric?
Ability to service on your own?
What are you thinking for your next ride? :ear
OM

More power
Less weight
Heated seat
Better instruments with a mount for the GPS above the instrument panel

A suitable replacement for the K1300S - big power, less weight, shaft drive, sport tourer.

Good topic!

A suitable replacement for the K1300S - big power, less weight, shaft drive, sport tourer.

Good topic!

Yep, drop the weight to 500 pounds, add cruise and don't make it look like a adventure bike.

Get rid of the fancy luggage

Get rid of the stylish luggage and put practical luggage on the touring bikes.

Pretty sad when I would have to buy a GS to haul luggage when the bags on an RT are so damn small and useless.

Other than that, cruise control and navigation. St.

Better rear lighting. And the sensing technology used on cars to provide a better sense of surroundings. And sure, less weight, more power and lower price....

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I have three requirements:
Comfortable seating position - feet under me, upright, shoulders back.
Cruise Control
ABS

Better rear lighting.

Good point.
BMW spends millions on safety devices but has very poor rear lighting.
They are getting better with headlights but I would like to see extra lights to give a triangle or train effect.

I have three requirements:
Comfortable seating position - feet under me, upright, shoulders back.
Cruise Control
ABS

I am quite sure that there is a fourth..... lets just say "ample" horsepower,
and a fifth..... retina detaching brakes.

I'm pretty satisfied with my 2016 R1200RS overall but I would improve it with

50 lbs less weight

truly premium suspension ..beyond the current. adjustable rebound dampening front and rear

substantially larger sun immune display. integrate GPS and normal operation choice via wonder wheel in one display

power is fine for me never really need to go faster than 135

Guess I am an outlier. Never in my riding experience have I needed more power. So here's my wish list:

Less weight.
Better illumination front and back (bigger, brighter).
Run-flat tires.
Fully enclosed electrics so can ride through a carwash.

Back