Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: What's going on?

  1. #1
    Registered User Moto316's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    137

    What's going on?

    At the very bottom there is a tab; What's Going On / Current Active Users. At the time of this post it shows 952 active users, with 69 members and 883 guests. Is this normal to have that many people curious about the MOA? I had never noticed that information before so I was just wondering.

  2. #2
    DBLUPPR snookers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Niagara Wine Region
    Posts
    462
    Could be members using the forums although not logged in
    2000 R1100RT , 2005 K1200S w/hack
    Niagara BMW Riders #298 BMWMCO #45
    "The measure of a society is how it protects its most vulnerable members."

  3. #3
    Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mansfield,MA
    Posts
    14,986
    Quote Originally Posted by Moto316 View Post
    At the very bottom there is a tab; What's Going On / Current Active Users. At the time of this post it shows 952 active users, with 69 members and 883 guests. Is this normal to have that many people curious about the MOA? I had never noticed that information before so I was just wondering.
    Very common. The Moderators watch the numbers. There are lots of visitors. “Guests” are any one/thing looking at the forum but not logged in.
    It would be great to see more member usage.
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

  4. #4
    Registered User patm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Posts
    403
    It might also be web crawlers.
    Pat

    Ride Safe!
    '16 RT

  5. #5
    Rich Pelton Rich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Killdeer, ND
    Posts
    1,515
    Can guests see all posts just like paying members?

  6. #6
    Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mansfield,MA
    Posts
    14,986
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Can guests see all posts just like paying members?
    There are areas that are “member only” areas. You can test this by logging out.
    If a member does log out, remember, you will need your password to get back “in”.
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

  7. #7
    Liaison 20774's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    21,200
    Guests can see posts but of course can't post themselves unless logged in. AFAIK guests can't download images, or items uploaded to a thread...not even sure they can follow the links if posted. I'm too lazy to check that myself.
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

  8. #8
    Left Coast Rider
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    3,585
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Can guests see all posts just like paying members?
    Yes. They can't post new items or respond to threads.

  9. #9
    Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mansfield,MA
    Posts
    14,986
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1100S View Post
    Yes. They can't post new items or respond to threads.
    There are a number of forum sections not visible to “guests”.
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

  10. #10
    Left Coast Rider
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    3,585
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    There are a number of forum sections not visible to “guests”.
    OM
    Hmm, I just logged out and came back as a guest and it seems the only content not visible to guests are some, not all, images. As well, member profile information is also not available. As a guest I had access to every forum including "stickies".

    Not a big deal in my mind. Sharing the knowledge is something which may entice folks to join our band of merry men and women!

  11. #11
    Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mansfield,MA
    Posts
    14,986
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1100S View Post
    Hmm, I just logged out and came back as a guest and it seems the only content not visible to guests are some, not all, images. As well, member profile information is also not available. As a guest I had access to every forum including "stickies".

    Not a big deal in my mind. Sharing the knowledge is something which may entice folks to join our band of merry men and women!
    Clubhouse?
    Links and References?
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •