• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

So, Any chance of seeing an R18 at the Rally?

"One serious question that has arisen about all the models in the 1800 range is, just where is the rider going to put his legs behind those huge pots? The bike will hardly be able to offer the by now traditional feet-forward rising position. The test rider looks like he’s having to bend his knees quite a lot. "

Heaven forbid...………...a rider having to bend his knees.:)

As others have intoned, maybe they'll sell some 1800s to a certain breed of crossover bikers... Hope so.

To me it does look cramped considering it's simply a big, air-cooled cruiser. Personally, I'm very pleased with my K-GT for actual long-distance Touring. That's the thing with all bike brands: there has to be one bike out there that has your name on it, but it may take a couple of tries to find it. I'm very pleased with my used '14 GT, but when I was shopping in the DC metro area all the dealers had a selection of 'slightly used' 1600s available -- I had my choice; all seemed to be 'great deals.' I can't fathom why folks would spend a lot of money for a big 6-Cyl bike and trade it in so fast? :dunno

Additionally, I sat on a perty new 2200cc Rocket III up at Pandora's recently. They say that that bike is a Wicked Cruiser, but it just ain't pour moi...

Ciao! HSV-Phil + HSV-Karen

So, Any chance of seeing an R18 at the Rally?

It will be an attraction with an allure similar to a three headed calf at a rural county fair.

Back