• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Zumo XT 5.5 navigator

bhackleman

Anyone know if the new Zumo XT would fit into the BMW gps mount? It looks like it would from pictures, it seems like same packaging as the 660

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

No, it won't fit. The mount is totally different. It would be nice if BMW would use this model as the base for the next gen Nav. :)

pd-03-lg-f9738d51-5545-4181-886d-5dab12b6a9d4.jpg

No, it won't fit. The mount is totally different. It would be nice if BMW would use this model as the base for the next gen Nav. :)

View attachment 77395

Any idea what the product cycle is on the Nav VII coming out? I agree this XT seems like a huge step up and for about half the price of a current Nav VI.

Second question.
Other than mounting the Xt on a Ram Mount I assume there is no way to mount it to a 2015 R1200RT that has a BMW mount. No adaptors kits etc???

Any idea what the product cycle is on the Nav VII coming out? I agree this XT seems like a huge step up and for about half the price of a current Nav VI.

Second question.
Other than mounting the Xt on a Ram Mount I assume there is no way to mount it to a 2015 R1200RT that has a BMW mount. No adaptors kits etc???

My guess would be that the internals of the Zumo XT might form a basis for a Nav VII, but it would be packaged in the same case and screen format as the Nav VI for backward compatibility. Recent buyers of K16 or R1200RT models especially would be extremely unhappy if the Nav VII could not be retrofitted to their bikes. I’d expect pricing to reflect that redesign and likely be closer to pricing on the Nav VI.

As for the Zumo XT itself, I doubt you’d see any adapters from BMW to mount the XT in existing bikes and the small market size probably makes it unattractive for aftermarket vendors to jump in.

With the advent of TFT displays and their spread across more of the model lineup, my question is when is BMW just going to license Car Play for Apple and Android?

Best,
DeVern

My wish, that I doubt will ever come through, is to have the TFT screen enlarged on the RT and accept routes I plan from Basecamp wirelessly

This model seems to be the answer to the questions that were asked in another recent thread, concerning a gps navigator that also offers topo maps for off-road riding. In that thread the Montana model was recommended, but it is not motorcycle specific and lacks bluetooth (for broadcasting turn-by-turn instructions to a helmet headset.)

This model seems to be motorcycle-specific while offering pre-loaded topo maps. Or am I misreading something?

Has anyone fitted the zūmo xt to use in addition to the BMW Navigator? I see there is an extra canbus outlet behind the headlamp. I have the Navigator because it is controlled by the wheel and it displays information from my GS Adventure, but the other features of the zūmo xt would be useful also. Perhaps having two gps devices might be a bit of overkill but has anyone done this, and what were your views on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Rice did a nice review of the unit, including like 50 pictures of each screens - this will probably be my next Garmin.

http://www.gregrice.com/zumoxt/zumoxt.html

Many, many people riding long distance rallies use 2 GPS's.

I like to ride with 2 on my longer trips/IBA rides. One is set to my route, the other is set to the MPH/trip1/averages screen as I find it easier to glance down and see a digital number, compared to trying to read the small numbers from the speedometer.

Greg Rice did a nice review of the unit, including like 50 pictures of each screens - this will probably be my next Garmin.

http://www.gregrice.com/zumoxt/zumoxt.html

Many, many people riding long distance rallies use 2 GPS's.

I like to ride with 2 on my longer trips/IBA rides. One is set to my route, the other is set to the MPH/trip1/averages screen as I find it easier to glance down and see a digital number, compared to trying to read the small numbers from the speedometer.

I may well look into this then. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mounting options

I have reached out to https://blackboxembedded.com/ to see if they are planing to create a mount for the XT to fit in a Nav V mount. No word yet

I am also thinking about removing the NAV V mount on my 16RT and using the mount that comes with the XT and fitting it into the same place that that Nav goes.

Here are the issues.

So far I am not sure the hole pattern is the same. Both mounts have 4 holes that I assume are spaced the same but I'm not sure. Need to confirm that.

The XT is about .5" longer and about .25' taller. I'm thinking that if the XT mount is a bit deeper that might push the XT towards the rider a bit and clear the larger XT unit. If not I think I can fab a spacer that pushes the XT out of the cavity for the GPS enough to clear.

Any thoughts are welcome.

HW
Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 1.09.17 PM.png

I have reached out to https://blackboxembedded.com/ to see if they are planing to create a mount for the XT to fit in a Nav V mount. No word yet

I am also thinking about removing the NAV V mount on my 16RT and using the mount that comes with the XT and fitting it into the same place that that Nav goes.

Here are the issues.

So far I am not sure the hole pattern is the same. Both mounts have 4 holes that I assume are spaced the same but I'm not sure. Need to confirm that.

The XT is about .5" longer and about .25' taller. I'm thinking that if the XT mount is a bit deeper that might push the XT towards the rider a bit and clear the larger XT unit. If not I think I can fab a spacer that pushes the XT out of the cavity for the GPS enough to clear.

Any thoughts are welcome.

HW
View attachment 78288

https://www.bmwlt.com/forums/rt-ser...ounted-factory-spot-r1200rtw.html#post1905533

Touratech Locking Mount for Zumo XT

I contacted Touratech about the possibility of a locking mount similar to the one all the other Garmin products. They said that it would be a month or so before they're on the market. I really like the Touratech locking mounts. Easy to lock and secure the GPS.

Daryl

Bought a Zumo XT and glad I did (had a BMW Nav 5). Using a USB port to power it. Anyone know if an adapter is available to use it in the bmw nav cradle?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Back