• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

4 way Flasher switch

willyb

Looking to replace the Switch for the 4 way flasher on my R90/6 but they seem to be no longer available Prt #61311243007
Has anyone had any luck with an after market that would work ? I would like to keep the stock look but may just unplug it remove the housing and go with out.

It’s a really sophisticated switch, as it has circuitry to the relay to keep the flashers operating after ignition is turned off. Of course if turned off, can’t turn back on until ignition again on. Also lighted so can be found in dark.

A gamble

I agree, the switch is more than just a switch.

IF, you want to gamble and are well versed with wiring schematics, you MIGHT be able to fit a later model switch into the circuit.

To do this, you have to have a clear understanding of what each terminal on the switch is and what it's function is. You would also need a schematic for the bike.

You MIGHT be able to move pins around in the connector plug to match a newer model switch. Or move the wires on the headlight board.

I write all of this as educated guessing and possible gambling. The BMW lights for the /5, /6 and /7 are different but not terribly different. Wire color may be the biggest difference. The lugs on the relay may be numbered differently.

As for aftermarket, I don't know of any available. St.

Is there a Bosch number on the switch and do VW, Audi, etc. use a switch like that anywhere?

Best,
DeVern

Give these guys an email

Mark Huggett GmbH of Switzerland just found me a hen's tooth. They found me a part I have been looking for for years and has been NLA for a long time. Seems BMW had them in their stock and Mark Huggett was able to get it for me.

They have the four way flasher switch listed on their web sale site as available. I would send them an email and they might just use their connections with BMW to get you a new switch. St.

Back